Click for Llebroc Click for Abeking Click for Bering Click for Mag Bay Click for Oceanco

sterndrives in salt

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by btyson, Jan 7, 2018.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

Quality of build between a 2006 and 2013 is the SAME with the same builder. Quality depends on the builder, not robots or any other bs. Take a look at the 40' Cabo Flybridge, can get them with shafts or props (used). Hell of a seaboat and I cannot think of a boat with better quality in that size range.

Searays from the 2000s to now have been rock solid in build quality for their class. AND, if you look at 10 year old boats, the Searays will all be in far better condition than their competitors. I've delivered Searays to places one wouldn't think of on their own bottom. A 45' sedan bridge from Fort Lauderdale to St. Croix, USVI. A 58' Sedan Bridge Fort Lauderdale to CT. etc. etc. While I respect Pascal quite a bit, he doesn't have much experience standing on the deck of a searay at the helm Captaining them. They went through a very short era, in the mid 90's with balsa coring issues, but that effected very few boats.

There is no way in hell you're sleeping 6 on a 40' in beds, unless you go to a cat. Take a look at a 43' Lagoon and some of the other power cats. Ton of room for their size and can sleep 6. Leapord power cats also have a lot of room, straight diesel inboards, etc. Most cruise at 16-20 knots.
  2. olderboater

olderboater Senior Member

You've owned a Sea Ray. You've liked a Sea Ray. I would strongly consider one. A 40-45' Sundancer could meet your needs well.
  3. PacBlue

PacBlue Senior Member

That 2006 - 2009 48 Sundancer is a nice choice for 6 people onboard.