Click for Mulder Click for JetForums Click for Abeking Click for Westport Click for Perko

St. Barths Bucket

Discussion in 'Boat Shows & Yacht Watching' started by Yacht News, Apr 17, 2007.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

2. Ken Bracewell

Ken Bracewell Senior Member

One Last Shot- Not my photo

Here is a very close call on the start of Friday's race. We were anchored just to windward of the committee boat when the Js started. There was a wind shift, however, which left us sitting on the approach to the start line since they didn't reset it. I called the Race Committee and asked when there was a couple of minute break in the starting sequence (it is a pursuit race so they stagger the start) so that I could heave 400' of chain and move to windward again. When they gave me the green light we started to lift, but then S/Y Koo started to bear down on us with a vengeance! They were hollering and blowing the horn for us to move, but I guess they didn't notice the little black ball suspended on the bow!! Even the race committee called to tell me to back up, to which I replied "I'm ANCHORED". Anyhow no scratched paint, but my mate could have handed a business card to them as they passed.

Attached Files:

3. discokachina

discokachina Senior Member

Having front row seats is so exciting!

Would love to see more photos if you have the chance!!

Thanks for sharing your fun!!!