Click for Burger Click for Nordhavn Click for Cross Click for Burger Click for Ocean Alexander

Sportfishing in New England

Discussion in 'General Sportfish Discussion' started by CaptainSilva, Dec 11, 2006.

1. CaptainSilva

CaptainSilva Senior Member

Hey everybody...

New to YF and just wondering how many members like myself that were from New England into Sportfishing. Anyone that wants to chat about whatever related to NE Sportfishing please bring it on.
  2. CaptTom

CaptTom Senior Member

Hello captain, welcome aboard!
    Well, living in NY my first 43 years, I've fished all aroundd Long Island, including a regular junket to Montauk for fall blues, bass, tuna and shark. That has been some of the most exciting fishing I've done; 30 miles from the Point, fighting blue sharks all day on a 40 Hatteras that was pitching and yawing from the 5 footers. Most exciting ride back from the fishing grounds out of Shinnecock Inlet was on 44 foot Henriques for about 40 miles bucking 8+footers. Captain didn't want to slow for anything and we were taking green water OVER THE BRIDGE! Thought we cracked that hull a couple of times.
    Fishing on my boat was out of Jones Inlet for blues and bass. Fished inside for c-bass and fluke. I do miss those early morning surfcasting trips to Jones Beach field 6 or Rober Moses. Down here in sunny south FLA, been too busy to wet a line ona regular basis, but dying to get out. That's it from me. how about you?
  3. CaptainSilva

CaptainSilva Senior Member

Have you ever fished the Monster Shark Tournament in Oak Bluffs???

I started fishing Narragansett Bay when I was probably three years old on a 20' Wellcraft. After 10 years of that my father and I moved up to a Wellcraft 330 Coastal. We started going offshore for tuna and sharks, with frequent trips to the "mudhole." We took delivery of a Cabo 45 Express last summer and now plan to do some serious offshore fishing once my father retires this Spring.

Luckily, I haven't taken any waves over the bow to the windshield yet, but I have buried the bow once or twice out there. =)