Click for Northern Lights Click for Westport Click for Perko Click for Walker Click for Nordhavn

Spare Anchor Location

Discussion in 'Hatteras Yacht' started by MissJameyLynn, Dec 17, 2011.

1. MissJameyLynn

MissJameyLynn New Member

Vintage 70 Hatt 58'YF. Wondering where you guys put your spare anchor(s) and what type(s) are you carrying. Also, how do you use it?
  2. bigbill

bigbill New Member

miss jamielynn, i have the same boat as yours, mine is a 1972 model. i recently bought a fortress fx55 as a spare, i went with the fortress because you can disassemble them for storing. i keep mine in one of the dock boxes on the bow, locked of course. they are expensive, but worth it. have you joined the hatteras owners forum on **********.com? it is well worth taking a look. bigbill
  3. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

I have a 53 which is basically the same boat without the cockpit. Some Hatts have a hatch on deck to get into the locker, others don't. Mine does so the spare anchor is stored in the locker and can easily be taken out with its rode

If you don't have a hatch and have to access the locker from the bow stateroom, then you can mount the anchor on deck (I don't like it, take space), or in the cockpit. Or best, cut a hole and add a hatch! :)
  4. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

Why don't you put it under the cockpit floor? That's where we kept ours, just make sure it's not going to move around in there.