Click for Nordhavn Click for Glendinning Click for YF Listing Service Click for Mag Bay Click for Burger

Solution to easier access flybridge stairs?

Discussion in 'General Sportfish Discussion' started by Danvilletim, May 27, 2012.

1. Danvilletim

Danvilletim Senior Member

Any one have some ideas or examples to making flybridge stairs more friendly.
  2. BJG

BJG New Member

fly bridge stairs

On our 63 ocean, i had the steps rebuilt in teak. we made the just a little larger and made all the difference in the world. Ocean steps suck. I think the whole project cost me just a couple hundred bucks and it was well worth it.
  3. RT46

RT46 Senior Member

Im not sure about making bridge steps more friendly other than maybe some non stick coating or something like that.

I have seen pictures of a Fly bridge SF that had a nesting crane on the back of the fly bridge.

the crane had a remote control and could lift the disabled owner from the dock to the cockpit or up to the bridge. and it looked pretty decent.

I don't remember where I saw the pics.

I also have also seen a 30-35 ft lobster boat that was designed for a disabled owner to Bluefin fish. The boat was in Portland Maine and was also a very nice looking and well designed boat.
  4. ruby

ruby Member

Lou, I hope all is well. I know that Pipewelders out of Miami does make a hydraulic or electric hydraulic ladder set up for flybridges, I did just check and they have a great video of the ladder in action.
  5. Danvilletim

Danvilletim Senior Member

6. franzmerenda

franzmerenda Senior Member

7. alvareza

alvareza Member

BJG,

I am looking to do the same thing with the stairs on my Ocean Yacht 46, do you recall how wide you made yours.

Trying to decide between 4" and 5".

Thanks,

Alex
  8. Bucksh0t

Bucksh0t Member

This topic has been on my mind, I am hoping that someone posts some pics of their add-on stairs.
  9. Beau

Beau Senior Member

So this post is kinda old. But there are also cusston stairs that have shorter step rises and a flatter angle, but the extend further into the cockpit area