Click for Delta Click for Furuno Click for Mag Bay Click for Nordhavn Click for Nordhavn

Silly Question

Discussion in 'General Catamaran Discussion' started by Atomic_Sheep, Aug 3, 2007.

1. Atomic_Sheep

Atomic_Sheep New Member

Whats the deal with those catamarans? i.e. those dual and triple hull sailing yachts? Pro's con's? Is their only advantage over conventional sailing boats the fact that when u eat, yout dont have chase your food around the table since it doesn't slide to one side all the time?
  2. Loren Schweizer

Loren Schweizer YF Associate Writer

"Atomic Sheep"...wasn't that the name of a garage band back in the late '70s?
    With Johnny Ramone on lead?
    Never mind, but to answer your question, cats are for those independent-minded sailers who like to thumb their nose at the marinas that charge by the linear foot as opposed to the square foot.
    And, yes, your peas won't roll off your knife as easily when underway.
  3. Atomic_Sheep

Atomic_Sheep New Member

Wouldn't have a clue about the garage band, but I can assure you I had never come across the name prior to when I started using it. Perhaps I should know considering my interests include music and guitars but I'm obviously not really into what Johny Ramone plays nor do I know who he is ;) . I wasn't even around back then so I think I can kind of justify my ignorance.

Hmm I'm just surprised they don't appear more commonly considering the amount of money that people in the "yacht club" tend to have and their evident lack of care for having to spend most of their yachting experience on an angle.

^ lol
  4. techmati

techmati Senior Member

but that would eliminate the smirk on ones face coming off watch knowing that the boats on the right tack for a good sleep :D
  5. Atomic_Sheep

Atomic_Sheep New Member

I'm afraid I didn't quite get that.
  6. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

..... :D