Click for Ocean Alexander Click for Abeking Click for Furuno Click for YF Listing Service Click for Mulder

Shore Power/Bank 2 Issues

Discussion in 'Carver Yacht' started by Shannon Smith, May 7, 2020.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rtrafford

rtrafford Senior Member

Why reverse them at all prior to unplugging them from the boat altogether and checking them by themselves? When in doubt, unplug everything and start working your way from the pedestal through the cords. Not only are you likely doing damage to your boat as well as the marina, you are causing harm to others nearby in addition to risking your health.

Replace a breaker with a toggle? Whatever for?
  2. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

What damage is caused by no voltage flowing? Working their way from the pedestal through the cords is exactly what I was recommending. Some here seem to think you call in an electrician when a light goes out. I try a new bulb first (or in this case first making sure the problem isn't the breaker on the pedestal being shut or the cord not being plugged in correctly). Personally I think that or them simply not understanding their panel are the most likely cause of their issue. In any case check the simple stuff first before opening up the panel. In any case the discussion is academic since the OP seems to be gone.
  3. rtrafford

rtrafford Senior Member

So, you give some advice that could lead to a dangerous outcome, you get called on it with some "New York Straight Talk" while you sit on your bum in a NY Pandemic, and your Long Island sensitivities are twisted?

What the heck is happening in this world? You don't tell a guy to plug his boat back in after reading what he was already doing to get to the point where he reached out for help....at least, like I suggested, pull out the multimeter and start testing pedestals and cords detached from the boat...but to make matters worse you ask me " what damage can be done"?

it's a bit startling, to say the least.
  4. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

This thread has been stripped of commentary that is unbecoming of the professionalism in this community.

Thread closed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.