Click for Burger Click for Northern Lights Click for Perko Click for Abeking Click for Westport

Shipping Yacht to the Med-United Yacht Transport?

Discussion in 'Yacht Transport Ships' started by Lenny, Nov 22, 2017.

1. Lenny

Lenny Member

Shipping my yacht to the Med. Any experience with United Yacht Transport? Thank you.
  2. olderboater

olderboater Senior Member

I'd select Sevenstar if I had a choice. More dependable scheduling. However, anfrom South Florida to the Med, it might not be as big an issue as some places and routes.
  3. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

THIS
  4. T.K.

T.K. Senior Member

Peters & May. I have been dealing with them for the last 10 years. Speak to David Holley. He's the CEO. Let me know if you need his contact details.

Sevenstar are also very good.
  5. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

Slightly off the subject but if your thinking of plugging your boat into shore power while there you should make some arrangements before you leave as the frequency is something you can't change with a transformer.
  6. Lenny

Lenny Member

We have two A/Sea converters. We can plug in anyplace in the world. We also have a full set of pigtails since many marina's have different style plugs.
    Thanks for the heads up. We ended up going with Dockwise, DYT,. For us, best schedule and fair price. Also much easier to float on and off than lift to deck cargo.
  7. olderboater

olderboater Senior Member

When I suggested Sevenstar, I didn't mention it separately, but intended that to include their subsidiary DYT. I think you made a good choice.
  8. Fishtigua

Fishtigua Senior Member

Be very careful about shipping with DYT.

They have a very sneaky way of keeping you off deck to do any work. Yep, the fridge of Green Disappointment!!!!

It's always full and free.

Attached Files: