Click for Mulder Click for Delta Click for Northern Lights Click for Nordhavn Click for Nordhavn

Ship Christening...

Discussion in 'General Yachting Discussion' started by YachtForums, Apr 29, 2014.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

2. CaptCook

CaptCook New Member

3. Capt Bill11

Capt Bill11 Senior Member

Revenge is sweet! Or perhaps in this case Brut.
  4. AffrayedKnot

AffrayedKnot Senior Member

Cool... Love it !

But - German Champagne ?? Maybe Sparking Wine, right?
  5. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

Pommery is Champagne from Champagne in France...
  6. HTMO9

HTMO9 Senior Member

German Champagne

There is no such thing like German Champagne. Champagne is only the protected name for sparkling wine coming from this specific area in France.

(www.hawesko.de) is just an importer and dealer for exclusive wine and Champagne in Hamburg. The "butchering" of this Riva type boat was only an media event and PR action for the fifties anniversary of this company. It was called the Pommery Party in Hamburg. My son in law told me, he saw more silicone than Champagne during that event :D.

Attached Files:

7. Belle

Belle Member

As a former teacher I do feel an obligation to educate on this subject, especially since there is a tendency to over estimate the power of a man, even a god, and underestimate the woman, goddess.

While Neptune gets a lot of credit, his wonderful wife get's overlooked. Salacia is the personification of the calm and sunlit sea. She is a beautiful nymph who was a virgin before marriage to Neptune (ok, this is mythology so accept that). He sent a dolphin to persuade her to marry him and when she said yes he awarded the dolphin a place in the heavens, as the constellation Delphinus.

So, now while honoring Neptune may benefit, the true way is by honoring Salacia. But then most are not aware of that tradition or ceremony. While she does love Champagne, there's something she loves much more. So to honor her and protect the ship forever, making it a place of love, pleasure and much happiness for all times, love must be made in all areas of the ship, both inside and on each deck. This must be done within the first month after commissioning or recommissioning of the ship. Champagne may accompany but by following this ceremony the ship will always be a place of great love in your life. It may even lead to more boats in the form of dinghies or tenders.

Hope this helps bringing love and happiness to each of your boats. In fact, just this story makes me think we need to christen our boat further. And since my hubby is right here beside me, guess no time like now. Boat should be protected by properly honoring Salacia and Neptune. I'm sure you all know that if you keep Salacia happy, then Neptune will be as well.

Hope this wasn't too Salacious for anyone....hehe.