Click for Ocean Alexander Click for Glendinning Click for Burger Click for Perko Click for YF Listing Service

She's no megayacht, but we love her all the same!

Discussion in 'General Yachting Discussion' started by PMUCCIOLO, Apr 26, 2004.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. PMUCCIOLO

PMUCCIOLO New Member

Carl,

Thank you for the invitation to participate in YachtForums. I've taken the liberty of attaching a photograph of our "yacht," a Tides 27 Express. She was masterfully crafted by Tides Boatworks in 1999, and she's powered by twin Yanmar diesels.

Her new hailing port of Daytona Beach, Florida and name "Osprey" will be updated when she's hauled early next month. Of course, the flow of libations will follow her rechristening in the proper fashion!

Regards,
    Paul Mucciolo

Attached Files:

2. CTdave

CTdave Senior Member

Hey Paul
    Welcome aboard!
    This is a great site to share info, stories & pictures!
    Granted, I don't have a "yacht" either, but everyone fits in very well.
    You have a beautiful boat! I am into fishing occasionally, but I use my 42' Post mostly for cruising.
    It is in Stuart FL right now but I will be running her up to CT for the summer in 2-3 weeks.
    What are the good destinations in Daytona? I have stopped at a waterside bar/restaurant/marina just north of the inlet (the name is now escaping me because it always seems to be dead). It has the makings of a great spot but somehow, everything falls apart just before we get there (power outage, wrong night of the week etc...). We always seem to have to take a 20 min cab ride to downtown Daytona but still cant seem to find the good spots.
    Dave
  3. PMUCCIOLO

PMUCCIOLO New Member

Dave,

Thank you the compliment on the Tides! I thoroughly enjoy this website.

Depending upon the amount of time you'd like to spend in the Daytona Beach area, I can make two suggestions: For a short stay (overnight), consider Inlet Harbor. They have good dockage and a nice outdoor restaurant with great atmosphere. The lunch is good, the dinner is OK. They have shore power and a very accessible fuel dock.

For a longer stay, perhaps a jaunt up the ICW to Halifax Harbor Marina is in order. The facilities are superb, as is the staff. Many restaurants are a short distance away. Their fuel dock, pump-out, and dock facilities are some of the nicest I've seen anywhere.

Let me know if I can be of any further assistance. I believe that the facility to which you referred inside of Ponce was Down the Hatch. The new restaurant there looks quite aesthetically appealing, but we'll have to give it time to get established.

Regards,
    Paul
  4. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

Hi Paul!

Sorry for the delay in responding to your post, I've been swamped like a skiff being passed by a freighter.

Your Tides is beautiful! Disregard anyone that claims a boat must be a certain length to qualify as a yacht, that doesn't apply here. Everyone is welcome.

(I might take exception with that generalization if you're yacht is a Sea Doo!)

Glad to have you onboard!

Carl