"Wow! Amazing those props even turned with that kind of damage! Glad you got everything resolved thought. Were there bronze set screws in the cutlass bearings by any chance? Any clue what caused your corrosion? I'm having an epoxy barrier coat put down under the stuffing boxes and in the shaft pump well to address some of the pitting that is occurring. Did you run into any similar issues with your Broward?" To edit my post, we cut 6 INCHES not feet off the forward end. there was quite a bit of plate corrosion in the "well" below the shafts. This area had resin of some sort poured into it to try and get water to flow forward to the engine room through conduit that the water cooling hoses ran thru. That made no sense, the hull was lower than the conduit, so they poured goop in there to raise the "floor". Needless to say, lots of corrosion from salt water getting under the "resin" and an incredible stink that the owners had complained about for years! We replaced the old Aluminum stuffing boxes with lasdrops, put a shortened cutlass bearing in that end of the log and used Belzona to seal up and protect the plating. We also replaced the remaining Cutlass bearings and of course reshot (laser) and chalkfasted the whole thing. It took a lot of time to get the alingment right as it was off by huge amounts. Ended up having to move the Engines a bit, replace rusted through motor mounts and custom build a new tranny mount bracket after one was found to be Broken! Years of Neglected are the answer to how this happened. My friend took over the boat a few months ago and started digging. The owners had the boat built in 1988! had to replace some hull plating in the ER due to metal and dirt in the bilge, hiding under "drip pans"! All in all we tore a Ton of stuff apart and it is a better boat for it. Now most importantly, everything that everyone has posted about the welds is correct, those are horrible. The logs do not look like they were cleaned at all. Do it over!!!!!!