Click for Northern Lights Click for Mulder Click for Mulder Click for JetForums Click for Walker

Seeking information on a Ferretti 760

Discussion in 'General Yachting Discussion' started by DanBest, Apr 19, 2021.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. DanBest

DanBest New Member

Thank you for the wealth of information on our forum! Seeking information on a Ferretti 760 and let me tell you, it's almost impossible to find anything!
  2. olderboater

olderboater Senior Member

Really? I googled and found tons of references including a review by YMB. If you're seriously looking at one, I also might suggest many are available for charter including one chartering that I know of in South Florida and the Bahamas. It has twin CATS 1420 hp, WOT of 32 knots and cruise of 23 knots. It's a nice 4 cabin boat plus crew cabins.
  3. olderboater

olderboater Senior Member

One thing I'd add emphasis to is that if a boat you're interested in is available for charter, it may seem expensive but it's a great way to find out. You'll either fall in love or decide it's not for you and perhaps avoid a mistake.

Also, I think there is something to be said for builders with a lot of boats in charter. There's a reason they are chosen. There are a lot of Ferretti charters.
  4. mapism

mapism Senior Member

Great boat, definitely one of the very best flybridges in that size bracket, back in her days.

On top of Cats, she was also available with MANs and MTUs, though I never came across one with MANs, which was the lower power option, possibly a bit undersized for the boat.
    And both the Cat 3412 and the MTU 2000 are good engines, I probably would prefer one or the other just depending on the closer and better assistance available, more than anything else.

Among general features, it's worth considering that the list of factory options was huge (50+ pages, I kid you not).
    So, depending on the first owner choices (and pockets!), a particular boat might be anywhere from average to excellent in terms of accessories, including some that wouldn't be so easy to retrofit, like the air conditioning also in the crew quarter, the second genset, the very peculiar double bimini structure on the flybridge, just as a few examples.

In terms of features needing specific attention, the only relevant thing I am aware of is related to her GRP fuel tanks, which are great in principle, but I know of a couple of boats where after 10 years or so their internal treatment started flaking some plastic material, which in turn constantly clogged the fuel filters. And fixing that is not a trivial job at all.

One last thing: I can't remember exactly if the large hull windows in the master cabin were only adopted in the 780 or also in the latest years of the 760. They are better avoided anyway, because it's only a matter of time before those glasses need to be replaced, and their cost is outrageous.

If you don't mind posting a link to the specific boat you are considering, both myself and possibly others might have further suggestions.