Click for Burger Click for Comfort Click for Mag Bay Click for Furuno Click for Abeking

Seeking a Captain for a Classic Trumpy Yacht

Discussion in 'Yacht Captains' started by SeaEric, Jan 30, 2018.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. SeaEric

SeaEric YF Historian

Seeking "hands on" Trumpy Yacht Captain

Seeking a full time Captain for a beautifully maintained 1960's Trumpy Houseboat. Her owner is using her for family cruising only - no charter. Great Lakes in Summer and South Florida in Winter, and perhaps Chesapeake in Spring and Fall.

The ideal candidate or couple would be experienced in the day to day care and operation of a vintage wooden motoryacht to include basic brightwork and 2 cycle diesel engine maintenance.

For more details, contact me here on YachtForums using the PM function.
  2. Ken Bracewell

Ken Bracewell Senior Member

I'd be very tempted... if this were 10 years from now. Just thinking about it makes me happy.
    SeaEric likes this.
  3. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

I was dreaming about it my self. South of Savannah GA, We could be of help but not full time.
  4. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

Attached Files:

5. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

Or; A scrolling captain Trolling for a Trumpy.
    I remember helping on The Flying Lady during the 80s in Savannah GA (Thunderbolt). C&S Bank ran her then.
    What a wonderful ship. The captain did maintain the scroll well then.
  6. SeaEric

SeaEric YF Historian

Funny, That is my photo and it is of the bow of the Trumpy yacht that is seeking a Captain!
  7. SeaEric

SeaEric YF Historian

We are once again seeking a full time Captain for a beautifully maintained 1960's Trumpy Houseboat. Her owner is using her for family cruising only - no charter. Location is East and West Coast of South Florida for the 2021 Winter/Spring season.

The ideal candidate or couple would be experienced in the day to day care and operation of a vintage wooden motoryacht to include some light maintenance, and cooking/stewardess duties.

For more details, contact me here on YachtForums using the PM function.
  8. olderboater

olderboater Senior Member

Now that is a difficult position to find the perfect captain for, but I'd think once found the love between captain and boat would make it very special. Our oldest captains are 66 and 64 and neither has ever worked on a wooden boat. I wish I had ideas on where to even suggest looking.