Click for Nordhavn Click for Mulder Click for Delta Click to Save Click for YF Listing Service

Security Cat

Discussion in 'YachtForums Yacht Club' started by Capt Ralph, Dec 28, 2014.

1. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

kat pics 4 1 08 006.JPG Our security kat, Tiger, gets hungry on his own from time to time. Workers here @ Huckins have witnessed him snatch mullet out of the river. We all get a smile till he brought us a bat while anchored out Christmas eve. Once again our security kat surprised us.
    On our way in, he was getting hungry again and his next meal landed on the coach roof.

20141224_194935-1.jpg
    20141226_125600-1.jpg
    20141226_130541.jpg

We still will not allow Tiger his own firearm.
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2014
  2. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

Give him a gun and he'll probably find his next meal standing at the helm.:(
    P.S. Since my wife is the "cat person" in our home I've elected her as 'Disposer of Gifts', a job she's not too thrilled with.
  3. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

Not sure how to read this,, I'm the one standing at the helm..
  4. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

Exactly. I have 3 and the male would definitely do me in for a treat if he could. :( He has mommy to feed and spoil him.
  5. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

I'm on the correct page now..

The other kat is our gravity device. She holds the furniture down. She also has a set of hip-mo-tizing eyes. She will stare you down till you feed her. Sometimes invited dawgs come onboard and she will not run, but stares the dawgs down and they will coward away.
  6. Fishtigua

Fishtigua Senior Member

My mate Jim had a bloody great big Maine Coon kitty-kat. Best security ever on his sailboat.

Nothing says 'Sod off' from thieving little hands than from a big furry paw with it's claws out . Well it certainly worked on his witch of an ex-wife.
  7. NEO56

NEO56 Member

I used to own an Ocelot, she was a big girl...best guard dog I've ever had.
  8. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

With the loss of 2 last year, we have thought getting a (next) BIG kat. We have met a few on the docks thru the years.
    There is a large Savannah Kat down river that is real cool. The owners have hung lengths (4 to 5') of howser from the bow & stern so da kat can climb back aboard after its dip.