Click for Delta Click for Burger Click for Mulder Click for Perko Click for Nordhavn

Security Camera Systems

Discussion in 'Ocean Yacht' started by Pamela005, Jun 4, 2019.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Pamela005

Pamela005 New Member

I am curious about what others are doing to add security cameras to their boats. I am trying to learn more about which cameras are used.
  2. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

Saiga 12 is our best visual captive instrument. Great range and field of depth with the red dot option.
  3. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

We have Axis cameras on the 84 Lazzara i run. Originally they were networked on the Furunos which didn’t make much sense since they re taking too much real estate space. Since the boat is a skylounge i added a basic PC with regular monitor dedicated to the 4 Axis Cams. Much better. They have Pan and zoom and record on motion
  4. Ormond Bert54

Ormond Bert54 Senior Member

I'm using a pair of NEST IQ Outdoor cameras on the boat linked to a Verizon JetPack. I also use a NEST IQ at home on the dock watching the ski boat and Sea Doos. They automatically zoom and follow a subject. I like the interface because I receive notifications on my iPhone or iWatch.
    There is a subscription charge for logging the data in the cloud .. $50-$100 per yr per camera. Pricey, but worthless without it.

I like the NEST IQ so much that I decided to expand their use at my home where I'm adding an additional 6 NEST IQ cameras.