Click for JetForums Click for Abeking Click for Cross Click to Save Click for YF Listing Service

searay l650 bridge

Discussion in 'Sea Ray Yacht' started by ameriboat, Aug 4, 2020.

1. MT0331

MT0331 New Member

Sorry for my earlier reply I should’ve kept reading! Glad to hear the boat is treating you well.. it’s on my shortlist for sure.
  2. gr8trn

gr8trn Senior Member

Maritimo model? Power plant? Shafts, V drive or IPS? Stabilized? You know the detailes:)

Perhaps you could start a new thread on your search and mission for SeaRay life to Maritimo life.

We hear little of Maritimo or Riviera for that matter, would be cool to have your thoughts on the change.

Have a great summer.
    leeky, f3504x4ps and Capt Ralph like this.
  3. German Yachting

German Yachting Senior Member

Pretty sure Maritimo’s philosophy is simpler is better and does the straight shafts on their builds.
  4. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

Since nobody has brought this up;
    I do hate new builds from a mass production (budget or cost reduced) builder.
    You know there will be issues as the product evolves. It can take a while (maybe years) before the mfg gets all the bugs worked out from their build process from delivered models.
    Then updates the mfg line.

SR suddenly announced and launched the L series. Built for a short time and then suddenly quit.

IMO; a strange attempt to build a real motor yacht, a strange build time and now a small build market that there is always a few for sale.
    Again IMO; if your looking for a keeper, look on.
    Double IMO; The Bayliner motor yacht had better R&D than the L series. May be a better product (investment) for the long haul.
  5. f3504x4ps

f3504x4ps Member

I looked at the L650 the week of the announcement of cancellation. You could get one for the price they’re selling at now. While the layout was nice. I did not like the execution of the engine room. Hoses fuel lines, usage and water lines were all over the place and you were either stepping on them or trying to tipi toe around them. Also looked at the L550 express. Again same issue in the engine room. We walked away.