Click for Delta Click for YF Listing Service Click for Nordhavn Click for Burger Click for Westport

Sea Ray Yacht Owner or Buyer?

Discussion in 'Sea Ray Yacht' started by YachtForums, Nov 16, 2004.

1. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

If you are a Sea Ray yacht owner or buyer, our online yachting magazine can provide information to help you. YachtForums brings you the latest news from Sea Ray yachts, including the most recent yacht & ship launches, company news, archive pictures, and recommendations on restoring, re-fitting, updating or upgrading Sea Ray yachts.

Please take a moment to register. Then, post a thread in the Sea Ray Forums and tell us about a yacht you've owned, a boat you intend to buy, yachts for sale or a yacht you have worked on. Please feel free to upload pictures, share a story, cruise destinations or marina information.

We'd all like to hear from you and we'll look forward to your participation on Yacht Forums, a website for yacht owners, yacht brokers, captains, crews and enthusiasts of yachts, super yachts, mega yachts and big boats with diesel engines!

We're glad to have you onboard!

The YachtForums Crew
  2. AK8366

AK8366 New Member

I own and have owned for a couple of years now a Sea ray Sundancer...I am currently looking to upgrade to a bigger boat...we have two bedrooms now and are looking for something that has four bedrooms...any suggestions?

Anthony Korculanic
  3. CaptTom

CaptTom Senior Member

Anthony,
    What size Sundancer? Are you thinking a 55 footer or larger? Four staterooms will be more of a yacht than a sportfish model, depending on size. Is the fourth room for occasional guests, or storage? What type of cruising do you do: day or overnight, or extended (a week or more at a time) and do you usually have full amount of guests?
    Share some more info and we'll try to help.
    Capt Tom
  4. dancerscap

dancerscap New Member

Compared tomost of these listed, my little 340 Sundancer hardly qualifies as a yacht, but she is well loved, now. Her maintenance has been neglected for about three years so I'm trying to play catch up. I intend to do mosst of the work myself, so I'll be asking lots of questions. Her interior is original '87; the bulkheads are good the headliner is good. But the carpet has to go. I want to replace it with teak and holly soles. The engines are three years old with about 400 hours, so I think they are ok for now. I just had the carbs rebuilt and am about to flush the fuel tanks. She is structurally sound and all electronics are gone, so they will all be replaced soon, as will all exterior upholstery. As I said I'll be asking lots of questions and all replies will be appreciated.