Click for Northern Lights Click for Furuno Click for Perko Click for MotorCheck Click for Mulder

Sea Ray 75' Sedan Bridge

Discussion in 'Sea Ray Yacht' started by 480AR, Mar 2, 2009.

1. 480AR

480AR New Member

The spy shots are beautiful, but wait until you see the price. According to several sources (3 different dealers) the price will start at something above $5 million, and go up to $7 million with options. Can you imagine paying that kind of money for this boat, especially in this environment? Not quite sure why Brunswick would be allowing money to be poured into this.

Also learned that the first 3 hulls will be regular power, but then beginning with hull #4, pods will be available.
  2. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

I don't think we will be seeing a 75' Searay anytime soon given the current economic conditions and Brunswick's major cutbacks in labor and plant closings. I was with a few of the Marinemax guys at the Miami Boat Show and none of them mentioned a 75' Searay coming out. It would be interesting to see, although I would think a Searay Sedan Bridge in the 60' range to step up from the 58' would be more likely if it was to happen. But, who knows.
  3. 480AR

480AR New Member

Well, two different dealers have approached me about going to the factory and seeing the "mock-up" that they have built. And I understand that the hull is already in fiberglass. But I certainly agree with your observations.
  4. Lrgyot

Lrgyot Senior Member

I hear that the project has been 'mothballed' This seems to be the phrase of choice at the moment. I see that a lot of Brunswick's plants and projects have been 'mothballed'. I'm not quite sure what this means, but realistically, I don't see the 75' rolling out any time soon.
  5. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

The other problem is if it takes a couple of years for this economic mess to resolve itself, the design of the boat might become dated and they may never build it......