Click for Perko Click for Delta Click for Northern Lights Click for Mag Bay Click for Abeking

Sea Ray 320 Electrical Issues

Discussion in 'Sea Ray Yacht' started by NBiancardo, Jun 19, 2014.

1. bobhorn

bobhorn Member

The only thing I can think of that would run periodically would be an automatic bilge pump. We have one that runs about every two minutes and if it detects no water it shuts off again. If it detects water it continues to run till the water is gone. If it is a bilge pump causing the voltage drop then there is a bad connection somewhere. Is there a bilge pump On-Off-Auto switch?

Bob
  2. NBiancardo

NBiancardo New Member

I'm not sure. Will check and get back to you. Unfortunately i'm hampered by it being a new boat to me so everything is unfamiliar....although I suppose this is one of the ways a guy lears about his boat!
  3. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

Is it possible that a lead was left off?
  4. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

Did somebody resolve the steering fluid leak? Your problems began then?
  5. NBiancardo

NBiancardo New Member

It's hard to tell. I took over the boat just a short time ago. First time out, no problems except that the steering was hard. So, I topped off the sterring fluid before going out the second time. Everyting worked perfectly that trip.

Third trip i noticed the leak and yes, I noticed the start of the electrical issues....So either the intermittent issues just didn;t show themselves the first two trips out OR by refilling the steering fluid the leak began, and that caused the electrtical issue.

I'm not a big believer in coincedences....

It appears that I just need to remove the backing to the steering panal and replace the gasket. IT's dripping from the bottom of it and their are no signs of a crack or any wear at all.
  6. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

Maybe another post is required here.
  7. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

If a wire had not been connected it woudlnt work at all...

No way a bilge pump starting woudl cause enough of a voltage drop to shut down electronics...

I don't really see how hydraulic fluid would cause this type of electrical issue but you never know... It should be cleaned up anyway.
  8. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

What year is the boat? Searay used some wiring harnesses that were 2 or 3 pieces and had a large plastic push lock connector somewhere in the boat to join the deck harness with this one and that one.......those connectors would fail or connections would get loose (individual pins in them). I've seen them in I want to say 1995-2002 searays.
  9. NBiancardo

NBiancardo New Member

It's a 2004, but I will check the with the manual and see if I can find out./
  10. NBiancardo

NBiancardo New Member

Has anyone ever used Viking Marine Electric (Long Island NY)?

After getting nowhere myself I reluctantly allowed the marina service dept. on the boat. They came up empty as well, although they did confirm seeing the same issues as I did. I did a little googling and came up with Viking Marine Electric. Can't find any reviews on his work. Wondering is anyone has used him or knows of him.

Thanks,

NIck
  11. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

Sending you a PM Nick.