Click for Ocean Alexander Click for Delta Click for JetForums Click for Mag Bay Click for Abeking

Revolutionary Engine Debuts @ Miami Show

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by YachtForums, Feb 15, 2004.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. PropBet

PropBet Senior Member

Does anyone have any current information on the DynaCam Engine?
    I have tried pulling up a company web site, etc. and searching via google, however am coming up with very little.

I was hoping someone had a reference to their website or something else in addition.

Much thanks-
  2. Codger

Codger YF Wisdom Dept.

3. PropBet

PropBet Senior Member

Thank you Sir.
  4. brian eiland

brian eiland Senior Member

Wonder what ever became of this Dyna-Cam engine technology ??
  5. wscott52

wscott52 Senior Member

Google "Axial Vector Engine Samuel Higgins". I don't know if the technology is viable but it appears the head of the company currently developing it is a con man.
  6. brian eiland

I found some new reference sites:

http://www.axialvectorenergy.com/vision.htm

History
    http://www.axialvectorenergy.com/history.htm

excerpts...
    "This engine and the Gas-Cam engine share many common design features. A sinusoidal cam rather than a crankshaft was used to convert the linear motion of the pistons into rotational motion in the drive shaft. The engine contains substantially fewer parts and therefore is much lighter than an equivalent conventional engine. This engine has a very high torque of 3.2 ft-lb per HP. This is 75% greater than an equivalent displacement 7.2 liter 6 cylinder Caterpillar diesel engine. The fuel performance is also better than the Caterpillar."

NEW GENERATORS
    We are in the final stages of testing our unique 100KW prototype, coreless, axial flux, and permanent magnet generator. Congenital generators use large internal coils of copper wire to convert rotational motion to electricity. The axial flux generators use only rare earth permanent magnets. This generator is 97% to 98% efficient in converting mechanical (rotational) movement into electrical energy"
  7. Lucky guy

Lucky guy New Member

many great inventions....

Many great inventions never go out to the public because many people are afraid of change. To change our engines to this mini-block would take courage, and probably a thick wallet as well. since no one has experience at how long they last in a marine environment it's lifespan in a boat is a guess no one dares to make. I admire the millions spent (probably mostly payed by american taxpayers) but I'd appreciate some real-time tests where the engines are stuck in a boat to test how it runs.

I offer my boat as a first test object, that much I am willing to invest :)
  8. brian eiland

Thanks Wscott52. I just found and read this rather long discussion that seems to lend credence to your warning.

http://www.stockpatrol.com/article/key/axialvectorengine

So even if the technology is good, it appears to not be in the hands of a viable developer.
  9. wscott52

wscott52 Senior Member

This is what I found:

http://siliconinvestor.advfn.com/readmsg.aspx?msgid=21680963

It's a little more clear cut in it's accusations. It's too bad because the engine looks interesting.