Click for Ocean Alexander Click for Furuno Click for Comfort Click for Perko Click for Westport

Restoring the LOST PERL

Discussion in 'General Yachting Discussion' started by Capt. Mike, Sep 28, 2010.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. captainwjm

captainwjm Senior member

Yes, it's the same boat. Don't know why it was moved to Memphis -aprox. 600 river miles - or why it is for sale. Only saw her out of the marina a just a few times last summer. Too bad.
  2. chuckb

chuckb Senior Member

Its a big boat....

My guess is that the restoration journey was the most rewarding aspect for the owner. Handling a 103' boat as a private endeavor must start to become more work and less play as time goes on. Plus... those singles parties he had on the vessel must have either led to complete exhaustion, or his capture by a guest!:eek:
  3. Capt. Mike

Capt. Mike New Member

I just got on here tonight after a long time,,, and Saw the Lost Pearl on ebay. I sold her back in February because I have no where to keep her in Nashville. My money is ok and I didn't get burnt out. Marinas around Nashville just can't handle a real yacht so I sold her. Yes I did make a profit for once. I hated to sell but it is just a boat/yacht and I don't get attached to things except my girl Debbie.lol We had some great times on her but sometimes you just have let things go.

Looks like the last guy may have bit off more boat than he could handle, best I remember his last boat was a 32 or a 36' and anyone that boats knows you don't make that kinda of a jump in size.

For now I am trying to open a restaurant on some property that I own, jumping through hoops for codes for now. I thank they just love to hate me.
  4. sailusvi

sailusvi Member

Good to hear Mike, glad your doing fine!

I also have some property, one of them is a resturant. When we bought the building the resturant was on the verge of shutting down, I told them to wait till we closed the deal and we would continue to operate it. That lasted about 6 months and I said the heck with this :rolleyes: I leased it out ( triple net) and have not looked back. I hope it's all you want it to be and ya make buckets of $$$
  5. ukdeltmcgoo

ukdeltmcgoo New Member

Captain, do you know where in Memphis this boat is located? I was a previous owner and lost track of her.
  6. captainwjm

captainwjm Senior member

Mud Island, or at least in 2013.