Click for Mulder Click for Walker Click for Perko Click for Delta Click for Mag Bay

Replacing TV on 2011 37 Canyon IPS

Discussion in 'Luhrs Yacht' started by Av8torjim, Aug 19, 2020.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Av8torjim

Av8torjim New Member

I thought I'd post this here for anyone wanting to replace their TV. We just bought the boat and one of the first projects was to replace the TV, which didn't have a digital tuner or streaming. I thought it would be an easy project. I was wrong. I assumed the TV was mounted on a standard flush mount. Because it was trimmed so nicely with framing inserts, I assumed it had to have a standard pull-down release for the mount because there was no way to get to a screw release. I tried and tried to find and pull the release. It turned out that the "release" I found was the plastic wire wrap for gathering up extra power cord. There was no mount, presumably to save the cost. The TV was screwed to a plywood panel and the plywood panel was screwed to a frame inside the nicely framed opening. I couldn't see the screws holding the panel until I removed the trim. IMG_4131.jpg IMG_4132.jpg IMG_4084.JPG
  2. Av8torjim

Av8torjim New Member

Here's how the new install turned out. Added a soundbar to fill the gaps created by removing the trim pieces.

Attached Files:

3. chesapeake46

chesapeake46 Senior Member

Sound bar filler, great idea.
    Looks real nice
  4. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

Wow
    Without major cutting up around the hole, you put in a perfect fitting system.
    Don't break your arm, but serious back patting is deserved.

Please keep us up on your projects. Careful with that arm.
  5. Joe McKairnes

Joe McKairnes Member

Wow, great job!!
  6. Av8torjim

Av8torjim New Member

Thanks! I got lucky and found a TV that was .1 inches narrower than the opening. Measured and drilled very carefully! I actually had to run the mounting board through a planer to get it to fit without removing the trim around the opening. I also got lucky that Bose made a soundbar that was exactly the size I needed. If you look closely, the soundbar is offset a little to the left. The rear port is on the right, so I left it a little breathing room.