Click for Furuno Click for Glendinning Click for JetForums Click for Cross Click for Westport

Renew a USCG 100 ton ticket..Test or no test?

Discussion in 'Licensing & Education' started by Norseman, Mar 28, 2009.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

Yeah, 20 (actually 21) years of not knowing where my next pay check would come from or If it would come or if I'd live to collect it. There've been some tubs in that time and some grand ladies. All in all it's been interesting.:cool:
  2. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

No Backlog

As the licenses are now issued by Homeland Security out of W.Va. there is no longer any backlog. I applied for my renewal in NY and got my new license within 2 weeks. Since there was a 6 month backlog the last time I renewed I again applied 6 months in advance. Result, my last license was active for 4 1/2 years instead of 5.:(
    Norseman,
    Does that Bahamas trip get you any closer to your sea time? If they cancelled the class in April, May may have even fewer sign-ups.
  3. Norseman

Norseman Senior Member

Renewal class for 100 ton ticket, Wednesday the 22 nd. July

Looks like I will be the only soul in class.:rolleyes:

They have plenty of room if anybody wants to sign up with a short notice.

http://www.mptusa.com/
  4. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

And this is pushed back from April. Doesn't look good for the school. That loophole to sea time could disappear. Won't you feel special though. Hopefully for you it's a SYT :rolleyes: teaching you.:cool:
    Good luck.
  5. Norseman

Norseman Senior Member

Also a loophole for not taking the test. :eek:

Yeah, I signed up for the course only if a SYT would be teaching, unfortunately his name is Ben...:D
  6. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

You're going from bad to horrible. ;) Does Ben actually have any sea time himself?
  7. Norseman

Norseman Senior Member

Not sure, but he is kind of cute, like in a Michal Jackson way you know...;)
  8. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

Been getting a lot of Miami girls on board lately. Guess that's what's left there.:p
  9. Norseman

Norseman Senior Member

Aye, all the girls went up North with their little bikinis and all we have left here is the gay guys running refresher classes for hunky Norwegians..?

:D :D

(Carl is scratching his head with the big finger howering over the "Delete" button just like when you screwed up the TWIC thread..Be careful there Mr. NYCap123, quality control over these here threads should remain with the Norseman.:D )
  10. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

Back on track for a moment here. This is a one day course and it's instead of (let's see, I think I had about 700 days when I last renewed)? Hmmmm.:confused: Don't you come back on here and say you failed.;) Good luck.
  11. Norseman

Norseman Senior Member

I'd rather be lucky than good...;)
  12. goose1111

goose1111 New Member

I've held a license for over 35 years (7th issue)and have always just retaken the test, very easy, and most times the same test they sent you before. Good luck.
  13. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

Well Norseman, It's been a month. What happened?:confused:
  14. Seafarer

Seafarer Senior Member

They sent him out to get sea time in a ferroboat, and he was never heard from again! :eek:
  15. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

........:d :d
  16. Norseman

Norseman Senior Member

Hey-hey, show some respect for a sailboater, we discovered this world in the first place..

I did go to school last month and did the refresher with 2 written tests, one for rules of the road and the other was seamanship.

Took less than a day and was fairly easy.

Have not applied for the actual renewal yet, but with the TWIC in hand and the "diploma" from the school, it should be fairly straight forward.

Now lets go off subject again and talk about bikini girls and such...:D
  17. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

Norseman, you must have moved because the people who first discovered the Americas walked across from what is now Siberia. :D BTW, forget the bikinis. On my boats they're not allowed although sometimes we do relent and allow the bottoms if they're not to big. Now, when you start breathing normal again, go get that license Windy.:cool: I'm anxious to see if they actually do give licenses with no sea time.
  18. Norseman

Norseman Senior Member

Aye, them were amateurs..Walking across some land-bridge from Siberia..The long way around..The Vikings sailed and did so in style and with flare...:cool:

19. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

20. Norseman

Norseman Senior Member

Aye, ya are barking up the wrong tree..I did not get the Master Ticket without experience, just renewing it by taking the course and test instead of recent experience.

Got plenty of real time behind me, spent my youth in the Merchant Marine, helming, maintaining, docking and tieing up tankers and bulk cargo ships all over the planet.
    Lots of time on smaller boats as well including owning and full time live-aboard.

So much for my resume, hope I answered your questions and erased any doubt about my quals..? ;)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.