Click for Burger Click for Abeking Click for Northern Lights Click for Nordhavn Click for Westport

Refinish wall panels?

Discussion in 'General Sportfish Discussion' started by Danvilletim, Feb 19, 2013.

1. Danvilletim

Danvilletim Senior Member

What's the recommended method and cost (via contractor) to refinish in place wall panels? I saw an older hatteras that had redone panels that looked new. Smooth satin finish. Also would love to find replacements to cabinet doors. I'd hope that a major pre fab Kitchen cabinet house might have a teak option? Someone like kraftmaid?

Attached Files:

2. SeaEric

SeaEric YF Historian

Yacht cabinetry "on the cheap" tends to look the part. We've all seen it. New doors and drawer fronts can likely be fabricated by a local woodworking shop that knows their stuff. One the wall panel refinishing, is it all of them or just some? If it's all, you may want to consider re-veneering them. We did a project on a 63' Hatteras MY. Saloon had been previously wallpapered. We veneered them and finished. She looked like new. The bill was around $15K.
  3. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

Where's the boat located. Refinishing entirely depends on the material of the cabinets. If they're solid wood, then it's usually as simple as stripping what's on them, re-finishing them, and putting them back. If it's a veneer it gets a little trickier. It has to be carefully removed and new veneer has to be carefully applied.

If the boat is in Fort Lauderdale PM me, I can recommend First Cabin for making new ones. They've been in business forever and do great work at a good price. If you just want them refinished, there is a girl named Maggie, that does great work.......