Click for Delta Click for YF Listing Service Click for Mulder Click for Furuno Click for Abeking

redesigned heads on Hatters 58 Yachtfish

Discussion in 'Hatteras Yacht' started by MissJameyLynn, Nov 20, 2011.

1. MissJameyLynn

MissJameyLynn New Member

Now that I got the hang of this cool web site I got another question , has any 70s vintage 53mys or 58yfs done any decent redesign of the aft heads ? This is problably the only downside of these boats is the small heads and showers .
  2. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

Which one do you have, the single shared shower or the individual showers? Early 53 have a single shower aft with a door to each head. Around...74 or 75 I think they squeezed two shower stalls reducing the size of the heads. I like the early design better as the shower is pretty big (big enough for two...:) ) and the heads, especially the master is bigger.

By landlubber standard the head is small but it is very usable... I dont miss the 150 sq ft marble covered bathroom I had prior to buying the Hatt :)

What most of these boats need is to update the heads... Mine has vacuflush (goodbye galley aid..). I replaced the Formica countertop and square sink with high gloss mahogany counter and backsplash along with modern countertop vessels.

And the 70s vintage fluos have to go too!!
  3. Caltexflanc

Caltexflanc Senior Member

FYI there is also an excellent Hatteras Owners Forum on the web that is an outstanding source of info on this vintage boat. I have a 56MY and it has been invaluable to me over the years. Between here, Boatdiesel.com and there, you will have more resources than you ever imagined.