Click for Delta Click for Cross Click for YF Listing Service Click for Abeking Click for Perko

Recommended Floating Dock Slip Width

Discussion in 'General Yachting Discussion' started by Eddieclemons, Jan 12, 2021.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. hat4349

hat4349 Senior Member

I learned to back from a commercial fisherman at my marina. They are experts at backing into tight spaces.
  2. Eddieclemons

Eddieclemons Member

IMG_4202 (1).jpg IMG_4198.jpg I visited the slip today and with the rub rails installed the width is 17'10"+. The Hatt 52c that I have a deal working on is 1300 miles away, so I need to find her a home at some point. This slip is at a location that slips rarely come available so I was just trying to get the best information possible from those that have been there and done that. FYI, this is on an Inland lake behind a causeway.
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2021
  3. Eddieclemons

Eddieclemons Member

IMG_4203 (1).jpg Check out a neighbor to the slip in question. Wowza, I would love to see him squeeze in there. It looks like there not even enough room to make the turn.
  4. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

Or you could bow in... if the slip is long enough. More privacy better views. Better than being stuck looking at the inside of a hangar!
  5. Gary Roe

Gary Roe Guest

I'm planning to buy Hull Hugr Marina Bumper. Would this be solid enough for a 50ft boat in rough conditions. im guessing that it stiks out 6 inches from the dock edge?
  6. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

I generally prefer the double half-circle fenders that comes in I believe 60' rolls. It only sticks out an inch or so and gives the boat something soft to rub against. It's also fairly cheap. So when it does tear you just replace that section. I'm not trying to protect the dock from being destroyed when a hurricane slams boats into it. I'm only trying to protect the boats from getting scraped and scratched.