Click for Westport Click for Burger Click for Nordhavn Click for Burger Click for Mag Bay

Random broker listed my boat

Discussion in 'General Yachting Discussion' started by zen, Nov 7, 2018.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

So, Has anybody ask this bogus broker yet "Whisky Tango Foxtrot" yet and ask for the listing to be removed?
    Griping about it is one thing, any action has to start before it's an issue?
  2. GhostriderIII

GhostriderIII Senior Member

A hell I've had brokers list my vessels before - when they weren't for sale. Even had a realtor list my home - co-opted from another realtor and posted on Zillow.

It isn't ethical, but is it illegal?
  3. Oscarvan

Oscarvan Senior Member

Don't know about boat brokers, but once upon a blue moon I had a realtors license and I can think of at least two hands full of (State) rules and regulations that I would have broken with a fake listing...... Last I checked braking State regulations is considered "illegal". But, an attorney I am not and maybe nowadays that's considered insensitive of crook's feelings... Hell if I know.
  4. thekellers

thekellers New Member

Real Estate brokers do a similar thing all the time....They put their sign on your building to sell it...and they will leave that sign there until the colors fade to white... In this caase the building owner sort of knows about it...
  5. Oscarvan

Oscarvan Senior Member

Not around here. Your butt would be kicked out of the Board of Realtors in a nano second and they OWN the MLS.
  6. olderboater

olderboater Senior Member

I know of a real estate brokerage here that was recently threatened with loss of MLS privileges and given one week to clean up their act. They were leaving houses listed long after they sold and leaving listings of homes that had switched to other brokers. The complaints came from other agents who would have interest in the homes to find out they were no longer available. You see that on boats a lot when one is listed two or three times and still listed by the broker who lost the listing. When confronted, they just claim "we forgot to delete it."
  7. GhostriderIII

GhostriderIII Senior Member

We see a lot of that in the rental market. Listings that have long expired. Hot Pads is infamous for it.
  8. ThomasGQ

ThomasGQ New Member

I see this all the time and I too get very irritated with the stealing of pictures and information that a listing broker has to put out in time and money to get a boat on the market.. I have even seen boats on ebay that were listed by a ding dong and then find the same boat on yacht world or craigslist.. there are schemers in every aspect of sales... always ask for the listing broker if they will not let you have that information research until you find him. your deal will be better also because he is not splitting commission with another brokerage.