Click for Nordhavn Click for Abeking Click for JetForums Click for YF Listing Service Click for Westport

Raising Flybridge Settee

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by DOCKMASTER, Dec 4, 2020.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. DOCKMASTER

DOCKMASTER Senior Member

One of the things that has always bothered me is the low seating height of the settee forward of the bridge console on my flybridge. My guests will seldom sit here as they can’t see much. Much of the boating experience where I am is seeing the Humpbacks, Orcas, Seals, Porpoise, etc, etc. Even after we removed the plastic venturi and installed glass that brought the line of site down quite a bit it is was still difficult to see. I also had a 4” thick seat cushion made but still too low. So one of our projects this winter is to raise the seat height up 6”. We cut the top bench portion of the seat with storage hatches off in one piece. Then formed a mold and glassed in a 6” extension. We just got the top bench set back down and will start glassing it in. Of course everything will get finished and painted when it’s all done. The seat might be a little high now for some of our vertically challenged guests so we will install a nice stainless foot bar to help those folks be comfortable. 8A18BA10-796C-42B0-B0FA-22C64BEB1ADF.jpeg 1C62A78A-CAC5-4214-A330-3C619D8E0DC3.jpeg
  2. MBevins

MBevins Senior Member

Very nice! Added bonus..more storage.