Click for Nordhavn Click for Westport Click for YF Listing Service Click for Perko Click for Mag Bay

Puerto Rico's Puerto del Rey Marina

Discussion in 'Marinas & Waypoints' started by Tokyomike, Nov 29, 2014.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Tokyomike

Tokyomike New Member

Currently on passage through the Caribbean via Panama to Thailand on an 86' Power Cat with 27 foot beam, and planning some preventative maintenance in the Caribbean en route -- including having her hauled, new anti-fouling, replacing rudder and shaft seals, some work on the CAT turbos, minor fiberglass work etc. before the Transpacific voyage. Now in the Turks & Caicos and looking at hauling her out over New Year's at Puerto del Rey Marina in Puerto Rico. Any input on quality or cost of work at Puerto del Rey versus other locations in the Caribbean would be appreciated. Recommendations where to load 3500 gallons of fuel in the Caribbean (before Venezuela) would also be extremely helpful!
  2. RT46

RT46 Senior Member

Sorry I don't have the info you are requesting.

But I sure would like to see some pic's and learn about a 86 power cat with a 27 beam

Regards,
    RT46
  3. Tokyomike

Tokyomike New Member

4. RT46

RT46 Senior Member

Wow, that is an incredible vessel.

I cant believe I missed the thread earlier this year.
  5. Capt Bill11

Capt Bill11 Senior Member

A friend of mine has has a fair amount of work done there including a full paint job on a 110'. He and the boats owner were happy with the work. If you like I could give you the contact information for a PR captain friend of mine who knows the place well and could give you more detailed information on the place.
  6. Tokyomike

Tokyomike New Member

Captain Bill an introduction to your friend who knows Puerto del Rey well would be a huge help -- I'll send you a private message for contact details and many thanks in advance.
  7. CaptMarc

CaptMarc New Member

I spent a few days there, it is first class. The owner was happy with work and storage there (55' Sailboat)

FYI, that is where Capt. Ron came in "hot" during the Happy Hour Party!!
  8. Tokyomike

Tokyomike New Member

Azure has been at Puerto del Rey for the past two weeks having work done. The Travelift which can handle a 30 foot beam handled our 27 foot beam with no problem and Ken and his team at Island Marine who has been handling the refit work has been doing great work -- highly recommend him to anyone seeking refit work in the Caribbean.