Click for Glendinning Click for Abeking Click for YF Listing Service Click for Ocean Alexander Click for Burger

Prop Speed vs Prop One?

Discussion in 'Props, Shafts & Seals' started by BoulderGT3, Jan 25, 2016.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

NO. Yeah, why not make the yard haul it again for free and do the running gear?
  2. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

Other than grease (that I am not recommending), I believe there is no underwater apliable (non-poluting) products available.
    Here in Florida (USA) it is common for a diver to wipe or dust off our boat bottoms, service zincs and usually clean the running gear.

Not everybody uses fancy prop & shaft coatings. Regular bottom paint will not last a long time on running gear during operation. So a diver is usually used to clean the running gear during his scheduled bottom wipe off.
    We operate in silty water. 32 inch wheels, 2.5 inch shafts, 4 struts. It takes the diver around 15 to 20 minutes extra time to clear our hardware during the monthly bottom wipe.
  3. menkes

menkes Member

thank you guys for the advise.
    first I can't make the yard haul it again because I've already left the yard/marina on my way to the season sailing.
    usually I haul it every year and service it including pressure wash and antifauling.
    The hull comes out after a year in the water, swept clean, the prop. and shaft need very little very fine sanding.
    I think I leave it at that, and watch the status under water during the season.
    Although probably I'll not go back to the A/M marina next winter, I'll make them pay for their fault.
  4. Fishtigua

Fishtigua Senior Member

We've got a dirty bottom and a bit of growth. Just relying on the quality of Merc's own paint and stainless to fend off a whole winter/spring amount of slime and snot.

Cleaned up pretty well but there was nothing left of the anodes.

velo1.jpg velo2.jpg velo3.jpg Velo.jpg