Click for Glendinning Click for JetForums Click for Nordhavn Click for Mulder Click for Burger

Private Yacht Pirated

Discussion in 'General Yachting Discussion' started by NYCAP123, Feb 19, 2011.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

Hi,

13 rounds of ammo would cost a whole lot less than what it's going to feed,clothe,transport, imprison on remand, try ,convict, imprison while the bleeding heart liberal lawyers pursue all sorts of appeals for 20 yrs and then electrocute these guys.

Even if they got one brand new scaffolding plank each to walk down and it was thrown in after them that would still save the tax payer the millions it is going to cost if these guys go through the whole circus.

I wonder why the federal govt doesn't practice the same belt tightening that they ask everyone else to partake in?
  2. MistrCoffe

MistrCoffe New Member

A few thoughts

While risky behavior is stupid I still think the pirates are the bad guys and those people should be able to sail where they were. Should they have chosen better? Of course, but they did not deserve to die for it. It wasn't a cold lesson or an opportunity for a victim to cover the cost of rescue, it was a violent criminal act against innocents. Why shadow the pirates? If I was a hostage I would hope that the Navy would at least try to save me alive. When they knew that the hostages were dead pirates started getting killed. While we can sit here and say they should be shot or sunk, it is someone else who has to take responsibility for the killing. It seems justified to be sure but I hope our kids in the service are never asked to live with killing people who have surrendered. For those who are sure they can take a life that way, volunteer so you get your chance.
  3. cabobo09

cabobo09 Member

Mothership

Why not just go after the Motherships that allow them to operate and live offshore?
  4. dennismc

dennismc Senior Member

Pirates

I understood they were cruising some 750 miles off the coast..seems a long way off to still be in danger..gives one a sense of the massive scale of organization and will power these bad guys have...like most things in life....follow the money...sad that the cruisers had to lose their lives, I guess political correctness will again govern and the guilty allowed to roam the area unmolested and indeed , protected from death and potentially compensated with 3 squares a day..education and other benefits ..compliments of the US taxpayer...

When will common sense again prevail ??
  5. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

The diplomats will say that it's not black and white, but many shades of gray. Personally I've never been good with shades of gray. I'd love to see a military tribunal on board the Naval ship followed by a firing squad at the rail. Then go find their mothers, wives and children for more of the same.
  6. dennismc

dennismc Senior Member

Pirates

So, NYC would visit the sins of the father upon the children ?? wonder what his true Nationality is ??
  7. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

I don't believe in "measured response". Always happy to bring it to the bottom line. Be a very good friend or the worst enemy anyone could imagine. That gets the message across with no ambiguity.
  8. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

Hi,

I do not know NYCAP other than by what he posts on here, I would say his statement has very little to do with his nationality nor his ancestors nationality.

I would say it comes from someone who is one of an ever increasing group of people who have had enough of the namby pamby PC Correct brigade ramming all the dung down everyone's throats that seems to be ever present these days no matter which supposedly civilised country you are in or from.

I say go for it rub out the lot, if you only deal with the head of the family unit you will no doubt get the avenging son coming along to create the same or more havoc than his dearly departed did.

Unfortunately in saying that I am actually agreeing with NYCAP not something I do often but have been forced to do so a couple of times recently.
  9. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

Well put K1W1. For the record, my ancestory is Irish (1/2 south, 1/2 north). Anybody who knows the Irish know that, although the Italians invented the word vendetta the Irish live it. Once heard of an American who visited the homeland and got run out of town because of who his grandfather was 50 years before.;)
  10. Laurence

Laurence Senior Member

Piracy

The British discovered a century ago the only effective way to deal with pirates. Hunt them down and kill them all. The Americans had to do the same thing on the Barbary Coast (hence the US Marine fight song). No Mercy!
  11. dennismc

dennismc Senior Member

Pirates

I am 100 pure Irish..born and bred....the intelligent ones do not believe in Vendetta, or do they punish children for the actions of the father, if one believes in punishing the children they are no better than the father....sink to the level of the lowest denominator.
  12. nmna

nmna Senior Member

I hope that one of these days those morons try to hijack a saudi royal yacht or an important chinese vessel... that would teach them a lesson.
  13. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

Guess they better hope they deal with people like you then, rather than like me, because I firmly believe in making the end the end.
  14. Arniev

Arniev Senior Member

Am so sad to hear that they were killed.
    :(
  15. chesapeake46

chesapeake46 Senior Member

Once the Navy found the civilians dead, they should have given the pirates the yacht.
    No one will want it anyway, with this history, and told them it was all ok.
    The n
    Navy should have pointed them in the direction of home and sent them off.
    Waited a few hours and then called an the air strike.

I too am sick of this PC Bull**** . For once the Russians have it right, smoke the pirates.
  16. travler

travler Senior Member

think i remember some where readying an eye for an eye tooth for tooth and if you live buy the sword you die buy the sword soo if you live buy violence you die the same way to many liberals run the country

sad travler
  17. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

Does anybody (besides the pirates) still think that negotiating with and paying these pirates is the right course of action. Not that I live a life that would make me a target, but my instructions to my family has always been to assume that I am or will be dead. No negotiations on my behalf, only vengence with no restraint or mercy.
  18. Yachtjocky

Yachtjocky Senior Member

I heard that the naval ships know when these small boats are about but when they board them the pirates dump their guns and insist that they are fisherman.

In Nigeria many years ago there was alot of ships from around the world at anchor waiting to discharge, we had to lift anchor each evening, only returning in the morning and steam out to keep the pirates off the ship.

The only ships that did not have to do that was the Russian ships, why, because they had guns, lots of them and bigger guns than the pirates, shoot a few and I tell you word soon spreads.

Put the word out that the "pirates" can fish up to 12 mile off-shore and then any boat in a proper exclusion zone is taken out. No questions, no news crews and certainly no PC members.

I hope the reports that I heard of the yacht sailing towards Somalia with Bibles are not true because if so you have to ask why.

PS. if the world ever needed an enima, take a straight shot at that region
  19. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

Evidently the pirates employer is complaining that this failed attempt cost him $110,000 and wants revenge against Americans. "Pirate leader Farah, speaking from Bayla, a pirate haven in the northern semi-autonomous region of Puntland, vowed to avenge the deaths and capture of his comrades.

"I lost the money I invested and my comrades. No forgiveness for the Americans. Revenge. Our business will go on," he said, adding he had spent $110,000 so far in the hijacking, including on weapons and food and salaries. "
    Maybe we should pay his losses so he won't be mad at us. Maybe then he'll forgive us and be nicer. Or we could blockade their beaches and sink anything that puts to sea.
  20. Laurence

Laurence Senior Member

Pirate leader

Or we could go to "Bayla, a pirate haven in the northern semi-autonomous region of Puntland" and kill the A-hole.