Click for Abeking Click for Cross Click for Walker Click for Nordhavn Click for Westport

Prestige 560?

Discussion in 'General Yachting Discussion' started by tusindtak, Sep 29, 2018.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

The Searay is a better sea boat, slightly better quality, and much easier to get parts for it. On the 50' Prestige they put all of the electrical connections on the starboard engine room hull, directly under the blower, that blows air in......great place for it. I've run a 50' Prestige to and from Baltimore a few times, mostly in the ocean......as well as all over the Bahamas and here and there. I'd be looking at a 52' Sunseeker manhattan, 55' Princess......etc......
  2. olderboater

olderboater Senior Member

You post in a forum, anyone can respond. I did so quickly in case he didn't return as quickly. Everything you asked was in his post. Oh, and doubt I'll ever refrain from sarcasm. I feel it's more polite that asking if you're an idiot who can't read or something like that. Sarcasm is often meant in good humor.
  3. Scott Felstad

Scott Felstad New Member

Thank you, Capt J. Really like the Prestige having IPS and was looking at 2016 or 2017. The Sea Ray 510 Fly, as you know, has Zeus pods or shafts with bow and stern thrusters. will I regret getting Zeus pods? The Sea Ray feels more substantial overall. Thanks, much.
  4. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

I actually prefer the zues pods/cummins engines themselves. They're still being produced. I don't think you'll regret getting them. I ran a new 510 down from the factory but it had shafts. I liked the boat, but the sea state was relatively calm.
  5. leeky

leeky Senior Member

Polite? Good humor? Here's Merriam-Webster's definition:

sarcasm
    noun
    sar·casm | \ ˈsär-ˌka-zəm

Definition of sarcasm
    1 : a sharp and often satirical or ironic utterance designed to cut or give pain
    2a : a mode of satirical wit depending for its effect on bitter, caustic, and often ironic language that is usually directed against an individual
    b : the use or language of sarcasm
  6. Scott Felstad

Scott Felstad New Member

Thank you, Capt J. Much appreciated.
  7. Scott Felstad

Scott Felstad New Member

Capt J, now looking at Galeon through Marinemax. I am in Jacksonville, Florida. Any thoughts or advice? I know you are experienced and knowledgeable. Thanks.
  8. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

Galleon is on the same level as Prestige in quality/ride/etc.