Click for Ocean Alexander Click for Walker Click for JetForums Click for Furuno Click for Cross

Post Pics enjoying your POST Sportfish

Discussion in 'Post Yacht' started by mwwhit1, Sep 26, 2011.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Soulstice

Soulstice Member

Another Video from the Canyon's last weekend...may be the last of the season but we'll see. We boated a bunch of Tuna including some real Allisons with the largest being 140lbs. Also got a 76" Wahoo. I hate this time of the year when the weather starts to change and the time on the water up here gets less and less.

Enjoy.

Chasing Allison on Vimeo
  2. water-baby

water-baby Member

Not sure this counts as enjoying or what happens due to lack of enjoying

Attached Files:

3. ruby

ruby Member

Enjoying the Post

Great day on the sound

Attached Files:

4. Beau

Beau Senior Member

Beautiful! what's your cruise speed in that photo. I like that big open window to the rear.... Any bass on board?
  5. ruby

ruby Member

I was cruising around 22 knots when that pic was taken this afternoon, Beau the boat was loaded with everything except for stripe bass.
  6. RT46

RT46 Senior Member

your boat looks awesome, and it is faster than my 46.
    im going to short haul and do some prop work.

btw, the stripers are going crazy on the south shore!
    come put a few in your boat.
  7. ruby

ruby Member

Lou, I would love to come to the south shore. The stripers are slowly coming around now, unfortunately bunker is hard to get and many fisherman have been going to the south shore bait shops to buy them. If I remember correctly you had mentioned that your 3 blade props were 24x24, if that is correct you may have something else going on. I spin 24x26 3 blade and my top RPM is a little over 2500,and verified by a good friend who is a Detroit mechanic using his own gauges. You need to make sure you are spinning 2500 RPM at top speed wide open throttle fully loaded. If your boat is not spinning 2500 WOT check your bottom and running gear; but before you do that check the motors they should spin 2650 WOT with no load, check on that before you try it, just to make sure I am correct with that.
  8. RT46

RT46 Senior Member

yup, your right!

i think i gotta, get the bottom cleaned....I had an oyster farm under there in August.

I WOT no-load and Load within spec.

I need to send the wheels out also.

btw, last time the 46 was hanging in the lift it was 48000 lbs, and i think i only had a half load of fuel, but im not sure.
    I will get the weight when i haul out.

how much does your weigh?
  9. ruby

ruby Member

The front scale was not working when I recently hauled, they said that 1 scale on the lift showed 19k. I think he said there is two scales and one was broken.
  10. Beau

Beau Senior Member

Hey guys

How accurate are those scales, do you think?
  11. P46-Curaçao

P46-Curaçao Senior Member

Curaçao (CW), Hollywood (FL) and Amsterdam (NL)
    First time at Small Curacao (Klein Curaçao)

First time at Small Curacao (Klein Curaçao) smooth ride at 5 (Bft) Sea, cruising 1800 rpm at 17 mph...

IMG-20131020-WA000.jpg

Yes, there is still some blue tape, this week we paint the deck with new anti skid paint.
  12. P46-Curaçao

P46-Curaçao Senior Member

Curaçao (CW), Hollywood (FL) and Amsterdam (NL)
    New anti skid paint on the deck, removed all the teak varnish, cleaned the wood and she looks like new again

sIMG00454-20131029-1407.jpg
  13. Soulstice

Soulstice Member

Finally got a chance to put together our highlights from the 2013 season on Soulstice. This was a great year and although we didn't have the volume as some years the number of quality fish was better with YFT up to 140lbs, Wahoo up to 110lbs, and a 400lb Mako. This year we finally solidified our crew to fish year in and out and were able to start using the GoPro's to catch some footage. It is definitely nice to have these videos to go back and enjoy over the long winter when the itch starts.

Enjoy and Hopefully I will see you in 2014 at the edge or the Post Rendezvous.

- Jay

https://vimeo.com/83088971
  14. Beau

Beau Senior Member

I'm pretty done and closed up for the winter here in NY. But our man Ruby and his beautiful 46? Ruby, you have to post a picture of your winter set up!
  15. RT46

RT46 Senior Member

just had dinner aboard.

zero degrees outside yesterday.
  16. Beau

Beau Senior Member

RT
    Between you and Ruby, you're killing me! Wait til you see the set up he has made for himself...outstanding.
  17. RT46

RT46 Senior Member

I keep the boat heated during the winter.

I think it cost me around $300-400 a month extra in electric during the cold months.

I have considered installing one of those Wesbasto hot water furnaces in the boat, but it is a few projects back on the list.

I enjoy winter navigation and there is usually nobody on the water from November thru St Pat's day.

I use the boat as a man-cave.
    We also use the boat as a "guest house" for out of town overnight guests.
  18. olderboater

olderboater Senior Member

I did the same when living in a colder climate, even though a smaller boat and not a guest house type. But the water was nice when deserted as long as one could find fuel. And the cost of electricity versus the cost of winterizing and then commissioning in the spring isn't that much more. Plus just keeping the boat in use I think is beneficial. Now certainly areas it's not possible.
  19. Beau

Beau Senior Member

20. RT46

RT46 Senior Member

I do not cover the boat.

I would like to have a cockpit shade made, that's on the list too.

I do watch the weather and make sure to shovel the boat and keep the scuppers clear.
    I use one of those white plastic shovels for crushed ice to shovel the cockpit.
    I use a soft deck brush to push any snow off the bow.

I do have the detailer come during the winter, he thinks im crazy.

I am able to get a lot of maintenance done by having the boat in the water behind the house.

If the canal is going to freeze over I drop in the ice eater.

I also have a small outboard work boat that I keep in the water and use to break up any skim ice that forms on the canal to keep access to the bay open.