Click for YF Listing Service Click for Abeking Click for Westport Click for Perko Click for Northern Lights

Post Pics enjoying your POST Sportfish

Discussion in 'Post Yacht' started by mwwhit1, Sep 26, 2011.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Cap'n Eddie

Cap'n Eddie New Member

Finishing touches on my upgrade project of my '99 Post 50

Just finished putting the finishing touches on my upgrade project of my "New" 1999 Post 50....people kept stopping by at the marina commenting on how beautiful she looks (this set of teak letters were produced by my custom shop from 1/4" thick teak....stunning!!).

Attached Files:

2. Beau

Beau Senior Member

Cap'n.
    They are beautiful, indeed. Will be a challege to tape and revarnish?? Hope not. Hey, does anyone here know where I can get the white Fiberglass fuel vent covers. I messed one of mine on a dock wheel.
  3. coastalgeorge

coastalgeorge New Member

1988 46 Post Red Bank NJ

Here is a pic at dock, just oiled all teak, note the table of teak and holly i had made and put on fighting chair post. bit of a homemade set up but works well while we are not using the chair. Have 550 hp 692's, 35/45 fuel burn rate boat was impeccable when we purchaesd last spring. Great run up from Maryland to Nj.

Attached Files:

4. SeaEric

SeaEric YF Historian

Here is "aquadance" 42 Post 1981 that I refit in 2003. I no longer own her but she's still here on the Chesapeake.

Attached Files:

5. RT46

RT46 Senior Member

Coastal George,

that is a work of art!

I have not seen a 46 Post of that vintage with teak decks.

very nice.

RT46
  6. coastalgeorge

coastalgeorge New Member

RT46,
    Thank You, though I can not take credit for the real work. I just do the upkeep so far. The teak was redone in 2009, the wood work is phenominal, the boat underwent a refit interior, teak decks,coaming,fuel tanks, all in 2009.I have more pics which i will post very soon. The owner was a fanatic upkeeping this boat, which I really appreciate. He left nothing overlooked.
  7. Cap'n Eddie

Cap'n Eddie New Member

C-George & Eric - both BEAUTIFUL boats w/ some gorgeous teak work! Thanks so much for sharing....however, guess my little-bitty teak letters that I was so proud of just look kinda lonely now being the only "bling" teak on the boat (actually, my cockpit is all teak (not teak rails, though) and looks amazing, but she came that way when I bought her from a similarly fanatical owner).

Guess I'm gonna have to fire up the custom shop and get some more teak goin'!! Seriously, it's great seeing how amazing these older Posts look, and how well they stand the test of time w/ a little TLC...and teak.

Doug
  8. chesapeake46

chesapeake46 Senior Member

Teak

I agree.
    These boats hold up well and the teak kinda makes them "Pop".

C.G. even though you give credit to those that installed the teak, it is no small amount of work keeping it looking so good.

You are doing a great job at it.

SeaEric, I believe I have seen Aquadance in and around the Narrows and the present owner seemd to keeping her up well too.
  9. C team

C team Senior Member

Coastal George, That is one great looking Post. Where did you find her in Maryland? By the way, I was born in Red Bank.
  10. coastalgeorge

coastalgeorge New Member

Thanks Guy's for the accolades. I found this boat in Ocean City Maryland at the Sunset Marina. the owner, Steve, was a White Marlin fisherman, winning quite a bit I am told with this boat. The craftsman woodworker was Mike, sorry i dont have last name handy, but a great guy, he had total control over all repairs and maintenance. I met with him multiple times, he was a wealth of knowledge for our pre purchase decision making. i will have my daughter help me with loading some more pics soon, as i am quite challenged by the tech stuff. And a shout out to the fellow Red Bank'r, we are located in Irwins Marina, i know you are familaar with them, and couldnt be hapier, great people and place to enjoy our "summer Navesink home". till the next post, be safe everyone.
  11. C team

C team Senior Member

Coastal George, I don't know the marina but I was born right next door. Of course, that was many, many years ago.
  12. Cap'n Eddie

Cap'n Eddie New Member

C-George, got your PM and will give you a call tomorrow...happy to help you out with a set of teak letters for your '46! Also, as part of my refurb for my '99, I've done a custom awlgrip paint job/boot stripe that is also gettin' a lot of comments around the docks (the red is a bit on the cranberry side)....

Attached Files:

13. Cap'n Eddie

Cap'n Eddie New Member

......btw, I also had white non-skid awlgrip done across the entire bow surface - best thing I coulda done, especially when both my wife and best bud slipped at different times up there nearly busting their you-know-whats. THIS is something everyone should do...BIG improvement (particularly when taking care of business up there in 6' footers). Did the floor of the flybridge for similar reasons/slips/near-falls.
  14. coastalgeorge

coastalgeorge New Member

Cap"ned,
    thank you for replying, that would be terrific. I would like to get some sort of POST 46 on the boat, like most on this site i get a lot of interest at the docks and the "What make is this?" question, which is always followed by either "great boats" or " my father/grand father had a Post" comment. Your Boat looks Fantastic. great job. i had the foredeck awlgripped last year, looks great but as you mentioned it an ice skating rink when wet, do have the non skid all around the rails but maybe i should rethink the entire deck. i have fallen twice myself, hurt like #@ll but the marine friends got a laugh out of it!!! As i mentioned just call me and we can get some ideas goiong on the design. Thanks very much.
    George
  15. Kafue

Kafue Senior Member

Hi,
    Speaking of slipping on your #@ll, what about your cockpit?
    It looks great but isn't it very slippery when you get it wet? Mine was continuosly varnished by the previous owner and the day I sailed off from the cargo ship to home, we were slipping and falling all over the place, especially when my son hooked up a few good Mahi Mahi. Downright dangerous in a sea.
    Now I am letting the varnish deteriorate so that its back to natural and safer. Just wondering if you have found a non slip finish?
    Cheers,
    Kafue
  16. Beau

Beau Senior Member

Kafue

Agreed. We have all seen varnished soles, cover boards and swim platforms- ice rinks when they are wet. Natural or oiled is the safe way to go.
  17. Kafue

Kafue Senior Member

Okay, natural it is!
    Thanks.
  18. RT46

RT46 Senior Member

Speaking of varnish.....

Does anybody have the salon doors varnished on their Post?

Or has everyone Awlgripped their back doors?
  19. coastalgeorge

coastalgeorge New Member

Hey Guy's,
    The teak is all natural in the cock pit and covering boards, just oil every once in a while. i did it two times this season. i use Amazon medium tint. I first cleaned with TE-KA two part "A" and "B". Then two coats of oil. Never slipped yet, my wife wanted it varnished when she first saw it, and i explained the dangers, she caved in. It's a bit of work, but thats my therapy in life, no one bothering me, cell phone off, mindless work. The buddies on the dock make fun of me working on the teak a lot, i get a kick out of it, but they pass the compliments daily. Have a great day all!
  20. RT46

RT46 Senior Member

On my boat,

I have varnished covering boards, toe rails, brows, and salon doors......
    I have non-skid on the varnish covering boards in the critical step areas.

As far as varnish upkeep, Oddly, i find the brows the most difficlut to maintain.

The Salon doors stay fairly nice because the bridge overhang offers some protection to the doors from the UV and weather.

The cockpit deck is OEM gelcoat non-skid.

The forward deck is OEM with the non skid near the rails and shiny gelcoat in the center. I find the forward deck's shiny gelcoat very slippery. I would consider non skid on the front deck when it comes time for refinishing.