Click for YF Listing Service Click for Walker Click for JetForums Click for Burger Click for Abeking

Porsche Design

Discussion in 'Tenders & Dinghies' started by JohnS, Apr 6, 2005.

1. CODOG

CODOG Senior Member

There was a Porsche Kineo 50 built in England in the mid to late '80s. Aluminium hull and deck, hull design by Don Shead, deck design Dr. Strock, built by Comer Engineering as was. Design wise, a larger version of the 20 odd footer pictured above. Cant remember if it was twin or triple engined, but it was the venerable 928 V8 block. Dont know what happened to it, but it ran well.
    I may edit this if I can find some info to back my memory up:)
  2. catmando

catmando Senior Member

The one that Powerboat magazine tested this summer had a 550hp Ilmor Viper V10, ran just under 90mph and retailed for $340,000. Would make a great yacht tender, but I myself could not justify paying that much money for a 27'7" single engine boat.
  3. Loren Schweizer

Loren Schweizer YF Associate Writer

...And the purists will cry, " If it ain't an air-cooled flat-six, fergit it."
  4. CODOG

CODOG Senior Member

Having synchronised my memory with documented fact, I can advise that the Kineo described above was in fact 40 feet, with FRP deck and twin 928 V8s. Started in '87, it never ran, as the project was put on hold. I've no idea what became of her, but when she left Comer Eng, she was almost complete. A Kineo 50 was fully drawn up and was to follow back to back, but again that project stalled. That hull lived on in another guise.
  5. Broward72MY

Broward72MY New Member

The original Hull #1 FA Porsche Design Porsche Power Boat with a Porsche Marine engine is For Sale on ebay. The bid is up to $387,500.00. The boat has 0 hours and has been stored since new. The ultimate Porsche Collector Find. Looks like the speeding bullet.
  6. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator