Click for Westport Click for Westport Click for Furuno Click for Walker Click for Mag Bay

pilot boats as tendors?

Discussion in 'Tenders & Dinghies' started by mp-willow, Oct 21, 2006.

1. mp-willow

mp-willow Senior Member

Hello all, I saw a program that had a 40 ft pilot boat as a tendor. The boat would launch much like the Aussie Rules lanched her Sport Fisher. I know it was not the Floridian, but this Yacht also had a 40' sailing sloop.

The Yacht looks great, and I have always thought of a pilot boat as a nice looking all weather tendor that can be out and sepperate from the mother ship for a while.

Any help with this would be great. Your thoughts on this type of tendor are just as good.;)
  2. Castlerock

Castlerock Senior Member

3. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

Yes, Senses used to have an Halmatic Pilot-boat.

I like the Hinckley Talaria that is on Tatoosh, but it may be more demanding to launch and recover...

...and yes, she has her sailing yacht on the port side.:)

Attached Files:

4. KCook

KCook Senior Member

Verrrrry practical for an all weather taxi. But I would think these would be more appropriate to an expedition yacht than a super yacht?

Nice photos Lars!

Kelly
  5. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

Thanks Kelly, they are actually from my pocket camera, a Ricoh Caplio R3.

And I agree, but I don´t know in which category we should put Tatoosh...?

/Lars

Attached Files:

6. Coenharbour

Coenharbour Senior Member

7. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

Yachts like Tatoosh, Senses and Le Grand Bleu...are real toy carriers.
  8. KCook

KCook Senior Member

Good one Lars, Tatoosh is a beast :D
  9. mp-willow

mp-willow Senior Member

No Limit?

Thanks for the help all. I like this class of Yachts the best. Ones like Senses that can realy go and do what they look like. Tattoosh I think cannot go where the others can. Maybe that is why Allen got Octopus?

AS for the NO Limit 1500, looks nice. At 15.5m LOA it would be a big ride, but great to get in and out of places and close to shore.

Any thoughts on the sytem of launching the "Nelson" in SENSES? I also read she was for sale is that true? Her style of intimate spaces is what I think I prefure. More like a statly home.

Any thoughts on Giant? That red hull is eye opening ;)
  10. KCook

KCook Senior Member

11. mp-willow

mp-willow Senior Member

RIBs with Cabin?

Thanks for the link, but it is a bit strange to see. Some of them seem to big to be RIBs, at 65 ft, I thing it is too much. But an option.

For these big Tendors, what storage or garage options would you like? As I said before the one on Senses is nice, maybe not to simple, but good.

A Question, for you all I was reading up on the Ft. Lauderdale show and saw that Medusa was for sale. Is that right?:rolleyes:
  12. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

If you are thinking of the Feadship Meduse, yes she is probably still for sale. Asking price is USD 52.500.000. Contact Stuart Larsen of Fraser Yachts in Fort Lauderdale if you want an update.

Meduse was at the Monaco Yacht Show, and you will find her bigger in reality compared to the pictures you have seen.

Attached Files:

13. mp-willow

mp-willow Senior Member

Thanks for the photo. Any speculation why she is for sale now?

Will you or are you at the show?

KCool: do you like the big RIBs?
  14. Francois

Francois New Member

Great pics thanks,I like the stern teak spiral stairs to the deck.Man what a yacht :cool: .Actualy I like everything about her.Does anyone has pics of her interior?Thanks

Francois
  15. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

I think we have now come too far from the original topic, but I can say that Meduse has a good accommodation plan with both a cinema and a bridge deck lounge doubling as a recording studio. If it is still there..?

The original decoration wasn´t to my taste, but it is just decoration anyway..;)
  16. KCook

KCook Senior Member

mp-willow -

Sorry, I've never had a chance to try a RIB. Though I do think that the open designs are a great deal more attractive than those with a cabin.

Kelly
  17. mp-willow

mp-willow Senior Member

KCook RIBs

True, the closed ones look a little strange, moving to fare away from what I think of as a RIB.

As for the tendors, my thoughts for the pilot boat design is to be an open water Yacht. To move around open water or into port from a morring out in the bay or elts where. What do you all think of that?

From what I have read this could give some of the best options for a tendor. Now all you speed freaks can relax, I am trying to remember you as well for tendors and toys. A Helvenica comes to mind :rolleyes: