Click for Glendinning Click for Furuno Click for YF Listing Service Click for Burger Click for Northern Lights

Pictures of My Fairline Phantom 48

Discussion in 'Fairline Yacht' started by T.K., Feb 14, 2007.

1. T.K.

T.K. Senior Member

Thanks Nilo for the advice. All this information is ofcourse new to me. I must check what facilities exist in Hurghada to bring the boat out of the water during the off-season and have it stored properly. I haven't heard of anyone there taking their boats out in winter for storage except for the possible annual maintenance and antifouling coating and then they go back in the water. What is the minimum recomended duration to leave a fiberglass boat out of the water to dry and is it required annually?
  2. nilo

nilo Senior Member

dear Tarek,

this is not a requirement, but rather a precaution. i keep the boat out of water for some months, during which i also do the maintanence, change of anodes, checking of gear and other stuff and then i do the bottom paint and put her back into the water. this takes about 3 month, which is a good period also for drying up.

nilo
  3. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

If the boat is built with vacuum infusion and vinylester, as most premium brands, and you have two coats of epoxy primer prior to antifouling, the risk of osmosis is very small. But it is always a good idea to take the boat up for a period to dry out and check and clean everything like sea water intakes and filters.

It is also good to open up and store outdoor cushions at a dry place to avoid humidity causing mold. Often seen as pink spots on white vinyl...
  4. T.K.

T.K. Senior Member

Thanks for the advice :).
  5. T.K.

T.K. Senior Member

Gentlemen, I would like to mount a small tender on my Fairline P48 rear swim platform. How can I do that neatly with proper accessories and what sort of tender?
  6. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

Mounting a tender on your platform my take up the entire platform and leave little room for manouvering of people on the platform. Maybe a jetski, Seadoo or something might be a better choice.. taking space requirements into consideration.
  7. nilo

nilo Senior Member

Dear Tarek,

I have been lately doing a lot of research for tenders for crew on my boat, which should be the proper size for you, say between 310 cm and 360 cm. Can you pls have the exact dimensions of your aft platform (total length and width) and also the measurement up to the swim ladder (it may be a good idea to leave this space open). Then I can propose several options, which you can check on your own to have the best tender suiting your taste and budget. I am also adding a picture of my previous boat with the tender to give you an idea of what I am trying to express.

Nilo

Attached Files:

8. T.K.

T.K. Senior Member

Hello Nilo,

Yes, this is exactly what I had in mind. Thanks for the suggestion. I will get the measurments and inform you.

Best regards, Tarek
  9. T.K.

T.K. Senior Member

My idea was to have the tender only on the swimplatform while the boat is moving. Once anchored, the tender can be brought into the water. I need a tender for two reasons. The main reason being that we have many small islands in the Red Sea. When the boat is anchored at sea at one of the small islands, to move guests and crew between the boat and the island. Also needed for safety reasons, incase you need to leave the boat for an emergency, the tender will be available.
  10. GrahamF

GrahamF Senior Member

Hi Tarek

see your private mail as i did not want to promote any companies on the open forum
  11. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

Hi, since your platform is pretty small, maybe you should consider something like a Tender-lift? I can´t say it will fit in with your boat and the length of the passarelle, but it is much more handy to have the tender off the platform...

http://www.tenderlift.net/index.php?page=produits&prod_id=2
  12. T.K.

T.K. Senior Member

Not a bad idea, but like you said, it will most probably not match the length of my passarelle, but I will have it checked. Thanks :).
  13. CaptEvan

CaptEvan Senior Member

Hi Tarek,

Here is another tender lift possibility with easily removable arms where you could tie your tender aside your platform when backed into a hard port.

http://www.freedomlift.com/

Evan
  14. T.K.

T.K. Senior Member

Thanks Evan. Just had a look at their website. They look good, but looks like a major task to have them fitted. I gather you must drill through the hull to fix the mounting brackets. If that is so, I personally wouldn't feel comfortable drilling through the hull.

15. CaptEvan

CaptEvan Senior Member

Yes, they do bolt through the transom with obvious care for proper sealing. I am told it takes a couple days for a yard to do an installation. It is my understanding that a growing number of quality US builders, like Viking, are installing them at the factory due to customer demand.

The guy I spoke with there was Greg Vogel. He was a wealth of information and not a pushy salesman. Might be worth a call or email exchange.
  16. T.K.

T.K. Senior Member

I agree with you. If they are installed by a professional yard who's done it before or at the factory as a listed option, I would definitely go for it, they do look great and the design is excellent. However, I would need to do it here in Egypt on my own and I would not feel very comfortable drilling holes in my hull. I will contact Greg Vogel and discuss with him the installation procedure and find out the degree of difficulty. Thanks again Evan.
  17. T.K.

T.K. Senior Member

Pictures with the Graphics applied

Boat is due for transport to Egypt next week, April 4th. It's been a very long wait :(. Today I received a few pictures from the Fairline factory after they had applied the graphics, "Nazly", to the boat.
    Hope the next pictures I will post will be of the boat at her berth here in Egypt.

Attached Files:

18. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

I love that last shot there Tarek..nice
  19. Kevin

Kevin YF Moderator

Lookin' great TK.
  20. T.K.

T.K. Senior Member

Thanks Y.Luver :).