Click for Furuno Click for Mulder Click for Westport Click for Ocean Alexander Click for JetForums

Pet Peeves With Beachlanding Yacht Crew/Guests

Discussion in 'Yacht Crews' started by A captain, Jun 23, 2019.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. A captain

A captain New Member

For us down here in the Caribbean, it has become more and more impossible to know if that motor vessel passing on the horizon is a yacht or cruise ship.
    Their attitude seems to be changing, too. They will come into a bay like Chatham, a nice unspoiled place, and send crew members to the beach loaded with umbrellas and beach chairs which they will set up in front of a beachside Tiki Bar with no consent or remuneration for the bar owner. I mean, I know about high tide rules and all that but this is just completely classless, especially when there's a mile of nice sandy beach to set up their chairs and umbrellas on.
    The captains obviously care nothing for us "lesser" types, as they allow their boat jockeys to barrel through the anchorages at full speed (never mind all the swimmers and snorkelers) either to shuttle their folks to the beach or take them waterskiing or wakeboarding.
    Thankfully, most of the island groups have outlawed jetskis, but if you are some sort of celeb like Justin Bieber, you don't have to pay any attention to those laws. I guess it's nothing new for the rich and famous to do as they darn well please, but in an anchorage with 50 other boats, the tiniest bit of courtesy would go a long way to everybody enjoying the place.