Click for Mulder Click for Mulder Click for Furuno Click for Northern Lights Click for Abeking

pershing 38

Discussion in 'Pershing Yacht' started by ginopasschier, Jul 23, 2015.

1. ginopasschier

ginopasschier New Member

Hi, I'm new here and just purchased a 1998 Pershing 38. I want to know a little bit more about this boat and seeking aditional info (lay-out plan) Is Pershing related to the ferretti group etcetera, and are there 38 owners ons this forum. I used to race powerboats global in the "Super V" class 42 ft and tought it's about time to take it more easy on the throttles ... still holding 2 world speed records and guess they will last for some time :)
    would be happy to post a few pictures if members are interested.
  2. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

Hi and welcome to YachtForums! I found a small picture of the 38 GA, you can probably find a larger copy on the net.

Pershing 38 plan.png
  3. ginopasschier

ginopasschier New Member

Hi, yes I also noticed this one, and even lager, but very blury thank you
  4. Liam

Liam Senior Member

Hello Gino I am trying to remember if you are the Gino who used to race in the P1 Championship.
    Was it the Fountain boat or the custom made one with a lot of steps looking a bit like an Outerlimits?

Are sure she is a 38? I think the 38 was renamed a 39 in 1998 or 99. Extended bathing platform and forward looking radar arch option where the difference.
    A bit bulky hull forward ok for moderate speeds but nothing impressive, the rest is ok. Nice layout, to say the truth, I always like it.

Pershing joined Ferretti Group in 1998, in that time of it early history the story depended much on the sub contractor which build the boat.
  5. ginopasschier

ginopasschier New Member

Hi Liam, thank you for additional info. Yes that used to be P1 and as I can see your profile ... we always started the championships in Malta and thats was always a very warm welcome. The team then was SEAREX and also racet Chaudron boats, I remember being invited from your minister of tourism to race with chaudron boats in Meliha bay. I have done 6 championships and the series basicly died .. these day's they try and race with the same vanue as Class 1 , Aaron still doing pretty good and always be the Maltese pride in his class. I tried and race in the US but that didnt turn out as I wanted , so I returned after 2 years. About my boat .. well it does say 38 on the hull and paperwork.

Attached Files:

6. Liam

Liam Senior Member

Oh yes the crazy SeaRex guys hehehe now I remember. Yes Aaron is doing very well, although the competition is not what it used to be.
    That 41 hull worked a breeze in the SS class in the 2007. Ah 2007 and 8 Grand Prix was amazing. Strong NW seas loved it.

I can tell you that the railing you have on your Pershing is not original of Pershing retrofitted in Belgium may be?
    Also 39 was out in 1998 so may be a 1997 construction and first regs in 98? You can PM hin and we can confirm that.
  7. ginopasschier

ginopasschier New Member

Yes it was, I remeber they closed the harbor for us to do some speedruns instead of racing around the island on sunday. Think In 2007 i racet wildcard with Paul Howes chaudron in production class. will PM you the HIN soon.