Click for Abeking Click for Mulder Click for Perko Click for JetForums Click for Walker

Optional Cabinet use

Discussion in 'Ocean Alexander Yacht' started by JimmyL, Feb 22, 2016.

1. JimmyL

JimmyL Member

On the rear sun deck of our 95 OA 440 CPMY there's an optional cabinet, roughly 36"h x 33"w x 22"d. Currently there's an ice maker and a trash compactor inside but obviously not originally designed for this. Anyone have any idea what the original use of this cabinet was?
  2. SeaEric

SeaEric YF Historian

Is this the cabinet that you're referring to? It looks rather generic to me. It could be for almost anything - washer/dryer combo, fender and line storage, or ice maker and compactor. It looks a little tight with those two appliances in there. Does the door for the compactor fully open? The cabinet door appears to be partially in the way.
    OA cabinet.jpg
  3. RER

RER Senior Member

Whoever added it would have the answer. The OA Sundeck was built without any cabinets on the aft deck. Most builders included at least some kind of built-in wet bar with storage on Sundeck models. In this case Ocean Alexander did not.
  4. JimmyL

JimmyL Member

That's exactly it. In fact, it looks like a picture of my boat...
    Neither component is a factory install but the cabinet does look like it is. Maybe it was just intended as a fender storage locker or ??? I love the ice maker but don't want to keep the trash compactor and was considering adding a small freezer/fridge or wine cooler but may struggle with the dimensions to make both fit.
  5. gr8trn

gr8trn Senior Member

I'd go ice maker and fridge. wine cooler will be pilfered by every dock mate. coors light and water in the fridge will be safer:D
  6. JimmyL

JimmyL Member

I agree with you on that. Biggest challenge is finding a combo that will fit... May have to modify the cabinet to match the appliances but was hoping to find an easier fix. With the current ice maker I'm left with only 13" wide by 29"high opening. Not much of a fridge in that small a space and the 4 Coors will disappear pretty quickly.
  7. SeaEric

SeaEric YF Historian

I like the U Line Refrigerator/Ice Maker combo unit. Works well and would likely fit well in that space. But it is a tad bit pricey.
  8. JimmyL

JimmyL Member

ouch. yes. but that looks to be the best bet and I'll just have to save up my allowance.