Click for Mulder Click for Burger Click for Abeking Click for JetForums Click for Ocean Alexander

Opinions on 85ft +- Motoryachts

Discussion in 'General Yachting Discussion' started by goplay, Apr 23, 2007.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Mov-it!

Mov-it! New Member

Graham,

I guess most of the series yachts have a pretty average build and finishing quality, but as we all now perfection has a price. Having every single detail made to the customers specifications takes a lot of time, add top materials to that and you'll know where your money went. 30.000 manhours on a average size yacht are not uncommon
  2. jsi

jsi New Member

Pacific Mariner

Don't forget the Pacific Mariner 85', built in Anacortes, Washington. Pacific Mariner is primarily known for its series of 65's - well over 50 built - and added the 85' a couple of years ago. Bill Garden hull design, powered by twin MTU 2000's, 4 staterooms (each with ensuite head). Well worth a look.

jsi
  3. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

4. Innomare

Innomare Senior Member

5. Mov-it!

Mov-it! New Member

Aicon 85 Fly

There's a report on the Aicon 85 Fly in this month's Boat International.
    Maybe something to look into.
  6. T.K.

T.K. Senior Member

The Fairline Squadron 78 is a very nice 80 ft boat. I was just studying the 78 and 68 Squadrons planning to receive either one by next spring 2008. The advantage with the 78 is that the floorplans can be fully customized to your requirements. You can have any interior design you wish or any layout.
  7. goplay

goplay Senior Member

Thanks everyone for your replies.

I am familiar with the Marlow. Great seaworthy features. Nice long range. Priced attractively too. The interior is just too old fashioned for me (I also had a couple of other nits) but a possibility.

I will check out the Aicon. I saw their 72 express cruiser a couple of years ago when it was launched and it looked nicely built vessel (single piece super structure for example).

Fairline makes a good quality boat. I had a look at the 78 (I think it was the 78 and not the 74) at the Miami Boat Show earlier this year. The one thing I noticed was that in the main salon, there were several different ceiling heights as well as a couple of floor heights. This really breaks up the space.

Does anyone have first hand knowledge of the Royal Denship 85 Fly?
  8. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

Tarek, are you looking to buy another boat?
  9. Mov-it!

Mov-it! New Member

Hi Goplay,

Do you have any specific wishes for your yacht?
    You mentioned plenty of storage for toys, but how many toys are we talking about.
    How many guestrooms do you require? Do you need a seperate crew area?\

This could help breaking down the search for a yacht.
  10. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

11. Mov-it!

Mov-it! New Member

Great Tupperware crash!
    Another view on bow design, the horizontal bow!
    great impact resistance though:rolleyes:
  12. goplay

goplay Senior Member

3-4 staterooms, at least a 10' preferrably a 12' jet tender, maybe a jetski, a couple of kayaks (but these could be lashed up just about anywhere), dive compressor, scuba tank storage as well as hanging storage for wetsuits and other dive gear.

Crew area could double for storage space since I don't plan on having regular crew, although I may have end up having one deck hand.

Range, high quality, seaworthiness and nice design are must haves.

13. goplay

goplay Senior Member

14. Mov-it!

Mov-it! New Member

Would be a good idea if you opt for a full beam transom with a downward opening transom door. That way you could store all your goodies in the transom and you would have a huge bathing platform which is handy when getting ready for diving. You could also put the dive compressor in the rear of the engine room. If you make a watertight door from the transom to the engine room, you can take all your scuba gear and wet clothes inside without carrying them over the rear deck or halfway through the boat. These doors are also pretty handy for spare parts or access for mechanics. You wouldn't want any oil stains on your precious teak;)
  15. goplay

goplay Senior Member

That's one of the features I like about the Ferretti.