Click for Westport Click for JetForums Click for Northern Lights Click for Comfort Click for Furuno

Opinion on Huckins Custom Convertible?

Discussion in 'Huckins Yacht' started by P46-Curaçao, Jun 19, 2014.

1. P46-Curaçao

P46-Curaçao Senior Member

Curaçao (CW), Hollywood (FL) and Amsterdam (NL)
  2. maldwin

maldwin Senior Member

If you use the search function on YF, you will find a lot of information about Huckins, which has been building boats since 1928. This particular boat was a good boat to begin with but I don't know how she has been treated over the years. Dick Rogers,at Huckins Yacht Corp is the man to talk to about all Huckins as he knows the history of all of them.

Best,

Maldwin
  3. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

Ram Rod is located about 20 minutes from where I live. I've seen her before and always wondered who built her, but never would have guessed Huckins. If you're seriously interested, I'll stop by the docks and take a few pics.

Thanks for the continuing education Maldwin!
  4. RT46

RT46 Senior Member

that is a beautiful looking boat, and not a typical Huckins

If the pics are close to what she actually looks like that is a well cared for SF.

The engine room vents do seem a bit odd on the side of the house.
  5. P46-Curaçao

I did some home work, found the Huckins website and searched YF, but found no SF info, it looks even if they never made it, till I found the register, but that's all and why I posted my question.

I'm seriously interested and some recent pictures and more important, the story behind this beauty, is what I'm looking for, so I would appreciate it Carl!
  6. P46-Curaçao

You're right RT46, that was my opinion after some research and made me wondering...
  7. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

I looked at a 70' Huckins enclosed bridge SF, I believe the boat was a 1991 for another YF member. It looked to be a well built vessel for the most part. Needed a lot of this' and that's. The vessel had 16v92 DDEC's and one motor lunched two cylinder kits on startup due to leaking injector tubes.....the owner never rebuilt the motor as far as I know over a few months, and the vessel can be had for around $200k I believe.....it needed a lot of updating on the interior, a lot of this' and that's.....overall it's in pretty good shape but is going to need exterior paint soon......don't know if you're looking for a project, but heard the owner is motivated......PM me for more details and I'll foward you the brokers number etc....
  8. Old Phart

Old Phart Senior Member

9. P46-Curaçao

Awesome SF, but a 70' is too big and unpractical for us, and with a closed bridge, you miss all the fun here in the tropics!

I was impressed by the looks and great interior, huge flybridge, and layout of this 60 footer, I’m back in the US around July 7th and will have a look for sure!

Thanks, for all the info, please keep placing it, I highly appreciate that!
  10. PacBlue

PacBlue Senior Member

I believe Huckins marketed that sportfisher line as "Kirkline"

They also did a true 51' Sportfisher prior to that which was named "Bree", I think she had 3406 Cats, very nice looking boat.

Motorboating - ND - Google Books
  11. Danvilletim

Danvilletim Senior Member

I was on ramrod and the boat looks clean. The interior pics are accurate but probably 10 years old. Typical wear and tear.
  12. captholli

captholli Senior Member

Huckins has produced very nice boats for a long time and this S/F looks to be a lot of boat for the money. See how it surveys and go sea trial it in a good seaway. Flat bottom with very little deadrise, fast? yes, for its time. Pound your guts out? yes, without a doubt. Still, looks like a lot of boat though for the $$
  13. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

Sorry so long getting pics to you. I honestly forgot about it until I was driving by the marina over the weekend and remembered your request. Here's a few pics from my iPhone. I can't offer any history on the boat, but the exterior condition looked good (keeping in mind the age of the boat). Here's a few pics of the Huckins "Ram Rod"...

Attached Files:

14. P46-Curaçao

Thnx Carl, unfortunately I was not able to see her last time I was in the US, but next time I will for sure!!