Click for Mag Bay Click for YF Listing Service Click for Northern Lights Click for Ocean Alexander Click for Abeking

Operating Costs for a 40' Cat in the Keys

Discussion in 'General Catamaran Discussion' started by sarge1961, Oct 11, 2010.

1. sarge1961

sarge1961 New Member

Awesome idea, and constructive!

This will help a lot.

Thanks
  2. sarge1961

sarge1961 New Member

What is easiest liveaboard cat to one man sail

I am looking for the easiest sailing live aboard sail cat for a full time one man operation that won't be tied to a slip. I want one b/t 36 and 40'

What are your recommendations?
  3. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

i am not familiar enough with sailing cats to give you specific brands and models, just general tips on what to look for.

easy path to the bow for line handling and anchoring, with wide uncluttered side decks.

wide, safe area at the bow to handle ground tackle. Even if you have a windlass, they can jam. you also need to access the bow to lock/unlock the anchor.

decent access to the engines, generator, and other items which need to be serviced.

easy access from the helm to your lines... if there are steps, make sure they are easy and safe.

convenient way to store/launch a tender.

Having all lines leading back aft so you can do moast maneuvers without having to leave the safety of the cockpit

hard to be more specific without knowing what you can and cannot physiucally handle but the above is pretty important in your case.
  4. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

I recommend you stop opening new threads on the same subject. This thread is being merged with your existing thread. Had you posted to your existing thread, everyone who originally responded would have been electronically notified of your new question and may have returned to provide more answers.

Now, nobody is notified and you will have to wait even longer for people to check in at YF, perform a search for the latest posts and then maybe respond to your inquiry.

Get with the program Sarge! ;)
  5. sarge1961

sarge1961 New Member

Sorry

I will work on my skills, not trying to make it harder for anyone. Would you like me to delete the post?