Click for Nordhavn Click for JetForums Click for Furuno Click for Ocean Alexander Click for Walker

Older Hatteras 41 foot aft cabin cruiser info?

Discussion in 'Hatteras Yacht' started by Sandytug, Oct 3, 2012.

1. Sandytug

Sandytug New Member

Hi,
    My husband and I are relatively new Hatteras owners. We have always owned sailboats in the past, but decided to go to a power boat instead. We were lucky enough to find a well maintained older Hatteras 41 foot aft cabin cruiser in Annapolis, MD. We have been cruising the Chesapeake and the Potomac so far but are interested in doing the intracoastal waterway next year. We would love to hear from any other Hatteras owners.
  2. ArielM

ArielM Senior Member

Welcome. I too am a hatteras owner! While you will find a plethora of information on this site regarding the boating/yachting industry i would also visit ********** if you are primarily interested in meeting more hatteras owners. They have a forum which is dedicated to hatteras owners.
  3. travler

travler Senior Member

welcome to the forum there is a wealth of info here and a lot of good people

travler
  4. SeaEric

SeaEric YF Historian

Hello Sandytug, Welcome to YachtForums. I own a 1966 Hatteras 41 Twin Cabin hull# 53 that I keep at Kent Narrows, Md. This model seems to be almost ideal for cruising and doing "the loop". She should do well for an ICW trip.
    Is your boat the one that had been re-powered with the new engines?
  5. Sandytug

Sandytug New Member

Yes, our boat was repowered several years ago and now has about 200 hours on the new engines. We've also replaced the old original generator and the sanitary system.
  6. SeaEric

SeaEric YF Historian

It sounds like we're on the same track. I installed new heads and systems this Summer, and she gets a new Genset next week.
  7. Caltexflanc

Caltexflanc Senior Member

I see it got censored in another member's post, so go do a web search on Hatteras Owner's Forum. It is very active and the company that sponsors it is also a great resource of parts and information on vintage Hatteras boats.
  8. 1953 Feadship

1953 Feadship New Member

1976 Hatteras repower De. to Bahamas

Hi there
    8 years ago I bought a 42 1976 Hatteras sportsfisher and ran her solo to the Bahamas from Lewes de...

BEST TRIP EVER.

The intercoastal is fanatastic and I only took three months lol.

Be glad to answer any ?.s re the trip or Hatteras..rock solid all the way

Stuart