Click for Delta Click for Mag Bay Click for Burger Click for Ocean Alexander Click for Furuno

Oceanfast Yacht "Aussie Rules" SOLD!

Discussion in 'General Yachting Discussion' started by Yachtguymke, May 13, 2004.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Yachtguymke

Yachtguymke Senior Member

What is Norman thinking about. He just took delivery of this boat not too long ago. Is there another Norman Expedition Yacht on the horizon or is that it?
  2. JHA

JHA Senior Member

Aussie Rules is the first in what is supposed to be a long line of bigger-better expedition yachts. I expect to see a half a dozen more similar boats in the same number of years.
  3. trouty

trouty New Member

Run

:p Run Forest, Run!

Cheers!

(Oceanfast shareholders?. :rolleyes: Who me? - I neva said nuttin!...only a $19M loss on numba 2) :eek: :D ;)
    Last edited: May 15, 2004
  4. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

The sale of Aussie Rules by Greg Norman might be to better finance some of his real estate endeavors. Just an un-educated guess. I heard he is actively aquiring land in Florida and the Bahamas. A friend of mine works on behalf of several of the leading home development contractors in Florida. She locates and aquires land on behalf of these builders and one of her clients is Greg Norman.
  5. trouty

trouty New Member

You could be right Carl,

But, then again why wouldn't he just borrow more $ for that kind of investement - after all, interest rates are at an all time low, and the Land itself would be security against which to secure the debt - why would that necessitate the selling of Aussie Rules II?

More likely IMHO with the recent hike in world oil prices above $40.00 a barrel - he probably got his last fuel bill for a fillup and went into anaphalactic shock! :D ;)

he he he

Cheers!
  6. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

Word through the grapevine is... Aussie Rules was sold to a gentleman who was the BlockBuster of the sanitation business.... Wayne Huizinga. ;)