Click for Cross Click for Glendinning Click for Mag Bay Click for Nordhavn Click for Burger

Ocean soft goods supplier?

Discussion in 'Ocean Yacht' started by Gray-Sea, Feb 16, 2016.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Gray-Sea

Gray-Sea Member

We will be under contract on an Ocean within 30 days, and some of the boats we are considering will need new soft goods. Does anyone know who Ocean's supplier was?

Once things settle down I guess I could call Egg Harbor but I figured I would see if anyone here knew.

Thanks!
  2. RER

RER Senior Member

A good local marine upholstery shop or even many marine canvas shops can do seating, headliner, walls etc. There's really no need to use an OEM supplier for that kind of work.
  3. C team

C team Senior Member

I wouldn't waste your time trying to call Egg Harbor. I agree with what RER said as there are many local shops who can provide that service.
  4. Gray-Sea

Gray-Sea Member

Thanks, I was trying to avoid reinventing the wheel as far as bedding.
    I didn't think they were standard sizes and thought I might save some money if OEM patterns were available.
  5. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

Bedding, pattern? Just take a sheet of thicker paper and cut it in the shape or bring the bed to a mattress manufacturer. There are a few down here in South Florida that make them to size and aren't very expensive either.
  6. Taters

Taters New Member

I did what Capt J suggested, made a pattern and took it to a local shop, 1 week, fits like a glove, 5 inches of foam with 2 inches of memory foam, $490.