Click for Cross Click for Glendinning Click for Delta Click for Ocean Alexander Click for Nordhavn

Norpro genset 3LD1GA02

Discussion in 'Generators' started by Sonny Smith, Apr 14, 2015.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Sonny Smith

Sonny Smith New Member

I am having problems with my genset shutting down after running a few seconds. I have no problem starting it but after running for about 10-12 seconds it will shut down. I do not feel that it is the shut down sensors in that it does run for the few seconds. It will start right back up after the shut down. Any ideas where to start searching for the problem?
  2. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

Which Norpro is that? I have an 16kw with Isuzu engine on my boat and it has an electronic timer which activates the oil and temp safety switch after a few seconds. If that fails, the. Th unit will shut down right away.

Or it could be either of th safety switches, oil press or temp. I replaced the oil switch once.

You can test it them by bypassing them, I just don't rememenr off hand if you need to ground them or open them
  3. Sonny Smith

Sonny Smith New Member

I am not at all sure what it could be, it is working fine now. If and when it does it again I will check it further.
    Thanks , Sonny
  4. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

It is most likely a shut down switch that is going bad. So long as it has oil pressure, 10-12 seconds is too fast for it to overheat even if it had no water flow.