Click for Mulder Click for Ocean Alexander Click for JetForums Click for Northern Lights Click for Burger

| Nobiskrug | 142.1M | S/Y "A" | 2015/17 |

Discussion in 'Nobiskrug Yacht' started by German Yachting, Sep 1, 2015.

1. Hohum

Hohum Senior Member

Given all the fanfare with which this vessel went on her maiden (and so far only?) sea trial there is definitely something very seriously wrong here.
  2. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

Are you trying to say some engineer found the POOCH?
  3. mediterannean

mediterannean Member

according to some yachting sites M/Y A is already put for sale..
  4. Hohum

Hohum Senior Member

That news seems to have come from an anonymously sourced news report in the Russian media from the last few days. It was rumored on this site a few months ago. I am just waiting to see when S/Y A makes it out of the dry dock again.
  5. German Yachting

German Yachting Senior Member

This is probably more relevant for the MY A thread. I still haven't heard anything except from less credible sources so I am not sure as of yet.
  6. Dillon1018

Dillon1018 Member

Does anybody know if S/Y A will even be out of the dry dock soon? There has to have been some MAJOR setbacks...
  7. HTMO9

HTMO9 Senior Member

Some local press at Kiel is telling, that SY "A" is suppost to start her first sailing sea trails in August and the long stay under complete cover in the drydock after her first sea trail last october is caused by the complete fairing and "special aircraft like painting" of the hull. Plus the yacht would leave the Baltic Sea via the bridge-free opening in the Oeresund above the Peberholm tunnel, after being delivered to her owner.

I have never heard about a large yacht doing seatrails and then return to the yard and getting redocked and covered again for the fairing and final paint job. I am loooking forward to see her final aircraft like paint job and the measures taken to reduce her draft to less than 21 feet, to be able to cross above that tunnel.

That project is almost one year late on schedule, unless the owner has requested this "cosmetic process" later in the programme. This would be the best thing, that could have had happened to the yard. No more penalty due to failure of delivery on time and an indefinite number on the final bill. If not, there must be some major work going on under this cover.
  8. Dillon1018

Dillon1018 Member

I hope that there is no major problems, I think most of us on here would like to see her sailing... You either love or hate her design, But she will be a new step forward in yacht design... I must say, some of the technical specs and special features on board that have been released are amazing... I wouldn't know why a yacht would need a aircraft like paint job, but I am now very intrigued with the ideal (Maybe ensuring that the issue on M/Y A's paint is not repeated). I hope for the yards financial sake that these changes are the owners ideals and not the fault of the yard...
  9. German Yachting

I would estimate that she should be getting closer to completion based on the fact that MY A has really been made publicly available for sale (she's been for sale for a while now).
  10. Gage Rowden7

Gage Rowden7 Senior Member

I really hope that she is getting closer to being done! I can't wait to see her sailing or places that it will visit
  11. HTMO9

HTMO9 Senior Member

For the sake of the yard, I hope as well, that all delays and "extras" are caused by requests of the owner. No one should wish a yard the trouble Blohm & Voss had with Eclipse (even if mostly self induced).

Watching this giant sailing under full cloth must be really jaw dropping. Even if it is only sail assisted cruising.
  12. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

Did anybody notice the exhaust smoke and soot on the last mast? Post 86, second vid, 3:53, while docking you can see the aft mast dirty and exhaust from the mains while maneuvering.

That may really be an issue if a fancy sail was up.
  13. Milow232

Milow232 Guest

I am pretty shure this is an issue. You can see they installed sensors up there to check the temperature of the fumes. Does not look like a very well thought of exhaust system.
  14. HTMO9

HTMO9 Senior Member

Lets wait and see, when SY "A" reappears from her second "undercover". If the stacks are still there, they have done either something quite expensive for cooling and cleaning those exhaust gases between the engines and the upper end of the stacks (which I doubt is really possible) or this funnel is gone and the exhaust gases leave the hull somewhere else. This would also be very expensive, as it will have some major effect on the interior layout.
    I have been told by an reliable source, that the original position of the funnel was caused by layout requirements (like an indoor pool on one of the decks below). As it was asked before, what were they thinking?

"Sailboats" of this size are generator always boats, means, leaving everything as it was before, is not a real solution. And on a big boat like this, we are talking about BIG variable speed generators with a pretty big gas flow. And that exhaust gas is for sure not just lukewarm clean air.
  15. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

Maybe they want the paint finish to match that of the ACJ "A".
  16. HTMO9

HTMO9 Senior Member

That paintscheme would not take almost a year. If this is his current aircraft, it does looks like a BBJ.

BBJ A.jpg

Picture with courtesy of FlightAware
  17. Dw landon

Dw landon New Member

Any updates on this awesome yacht ?
  18. Dw landon

Dw landon New Member

Looks like they are in wrapping her, we should be able to see her soon !
    She will be silver instead of white, she will be amazing!
  19. German Yachting

Where did you see this?
  20. German Yachting

I found the photos. She could have had a protective covering at first or this would be a pretty big change order