Click for Burger Click for Ocean Alexander Click for YF Listing Service Click for Northern Lights Click for YF Listing Service

Newer FLIR... why so complicated.

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by Pascal, Nov 10, 2021.

1. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

the joystick works well with very little delay. I can also view and control it on my laptop and the response is a little slow. But that s just as a back up.
  2. HTMO9

HTMO9 Senior Member

Here are two examples of the great performance of the FLIR M 500

I would say again, try it and You never want to miss it again!
  3. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

It looks amazing indeed but an overkill for 99% of recreational vessel. The entry level cam mar installed does the job i need which is to spot daymarkers or unlit buoys, as well as the occasional unlit idiot, at about 1/4 mile in most conditions.
  4. rtrafford

rtrafford Senior Member

Pasccal, I have both an M300C as well as an M232. Both have ports at the base of the cameral for wired installations. If yours is still giving you trouble, perhaps revisit the base to double check? My M232 is of 2020 vintage. Both units are wired to joysticks as well as to the network, Raynet hubs on board mine and shared to any of 6 different displays.
  5. rtrafford

rtrafford Senior Member

Yes, I rely on my thermal quite a bit for confirming markers in poor visibility as well as watching for other potential hazards. Very helpful on night watch for long hauls.