Click for Cross Click for Delta Click for YF Listing Service Click for Ocean Alexander Click for Westport

New Sunseeker 35,2 m Spectre (Altea)

Discussion in 'Boat Shows & Yacht Watching' started by antiguogrumete, Aug 15, 2018.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. antiguogrumete

antiguogrumete New Member

Brand new Sunseeker 35,2 m Spectre Super Yacht (Altea) docking and leaving to Ibiza. Summer 2018
  2. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

Would this do better in the thread: Rogues & Ugly Boats????
  3. Liam

Liam Senior Member

Not a big fan of most of Sunseeker's bigger yachts but calling it ugly is unfair.
    So she is not the best looking 35 meter with a shear line which looks like a city jam, something which unfortunately is becoming more common in modern designs.
  4. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

The lead designer for Sunseeker was an active member of YachtForums in the early years (CODOG). The designs that he and his team created in the late 1990s and early 2000s not only put Sunseeker on the map, but made a significant impact on design trends in the yachting industry. Many other manufacturers put forth flattering copies, not all successful. I'm not sure what's happening with their current design direction but Sunseeker has always been on the bleeding edge of design. Hate to say it, but this new 35-meter looks to be hemorrhaging. :(
  5. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

Unfair; maybe. It's my tastes for what a yacht or anything else that floats, should look like.
    Yes, More common in modern designs. IMO, more for the Not Pretty thread.
    With some other dark colors, would remind me of WWII jagged camouflage.

Maybe if the designers knew some people are turned off by the dropped boat look, they would reconsider their designs.
    OTOH, Somebody spent bux on it. It must appeal to some people (small vertical market) that want style challenged yachts for the world to judge them by.
    Yep money, no taste.

:rolleyes:
  6. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

Had to look this one up.
    A few good examples could apply.
    Any faverate line you were referring to?

Noun;
    1. a profuse discharge of blood, as from a ruptured blood vessel; bleeding.
    2. the loss of assets, especially in large amounts.
    3. any widespread or uncontrolled loss or diffusion.

Verb; (used without object), hem·or·rhaged, hem·or·rhag·ing.
    4. to bleed profusely.
    5. to lose assets, especially in large amounts.
  7. Liam

Liam Senior Member

I think Sunseeker and other British builders have always been a copy of Italian designs.
    In the nineties the Italians had a five year advantage, today that is only about one.
    Not only in looks but also in technical and practical innovation.
    Sunseeker hardly ever publicized any designer to be fair with Don Shead hull and lines designer and said to be have been used and not used in other models, and John Braitwaith's (the founder brother) being name as lead designer.
    Also Design Unlimited was responsible for some of the interiors from 2005 onwards, while Ken Freivokh did some interiors on spec as the hull two of the 63 Predator back in 1994, a special version of the 40 Portofino launched more recently in 2012, the old 80 Predator (mid nineties which at the time was flagship and sold in half a dozen units) and the 80/84 Manhattan.
    Again when it comes to designer in the last ten to fifteen years Sunseeker has never been very open accept for the fact that Braitwaiths brother was taking care of it.

Some of which I think are very nice designs was the 44 Camargue, 50 Camargue, 40 Comanche, 60 Manhattan, 40 Portofino, 48 Portofino, 60 Predator old 1998 and 2010 version (this last my ever favorite), 101 Sport Yacht.